YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teacher training in India?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Leah
Posted 2006-12-03 4:38 AM (#70864)
Subject: Teacher training in India?

Hi!
I am going to India soon, and I´ve been looking for a Yoga teacher training course. I found many, though I don´t know which one to choose. I want to learn how to teach Hatha Yoga mostly, and even improve my own skills. I am looking for a course that doesnt require a lot of previous practice and which mostly focuses on the physical aspect of yoga. The course should be no longer than a month. If anyone here has any recomendation I would be very grateful.

Namaste
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jonnie
Posted 2006-12-03 8:22 AM (#70869 - in reply to #70864)
Subject: RE: Teacher training in India?

Hi leah,

You will love India, it is an amazing country.

I know that you did not ask this but your post brings up some underlying issues with regard to when a person is ready to teach.

If a course allows you to join with little or no experience, then it is probally wise to question how much actual yoga you will learn in a month, and if you will be competent enough to be teaching what you have learnt.

I don't mean to preach, though I think it is an important point to at least consider.

If you do wish to train, then investigate either the Sivananda Ashrams or the Bihar School of Yoga, who both offer short teacher training programmes.

Jonathon
tourist
Posted 2006-12-03 10:40 AM (#70879 - in reply to #70864)

Expert Yogi

Leah - how much is "not a lot" of practice?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-12-03 11:15 PM (#70918 - in reply to #70864)

Leah - 2006-12-03 4:38 AM

Hi!
I am going to India soon, and I´ve been looking for a Yoga teacher training course. I found many, though I don´t know which one to choose. I want to learn how to teach Hatha Yoga mostly, and even improve my own skills. I am looking for a course that doesnt require a lot of previous practice and which mostly focuses on the physical aspect of yoga. The course should be no longer than a month. If anyone here has any recomendation I would be very grateful.

Namaste

Leah: I shall be in India from 7th Jan till 15th Feb. If you take my private classes then, you shall get a) only physical exercises and their teaching and this in India. However, if you wish to get my regular teacher training, you have to be ready to attend all the aspects of Yoga. And, IMHO, it is ridiculous to go to India to learn only physical exercises. That you shall get better anywhere else. And, you may not find a good place in India which shall give Yoga Teacher Training only in physical exercises. That is like going to a TV shop to purchase oil. My suggestion is: a) Know what you really want. b) Get it from a proper place. c) If you are going to India for touring, and that time you want to learn physical side, do it on a private basis and NOT as a part of teacher training.

Best Luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)