YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

jro
Posted 2006-12-15 3:44 PM (#71786)
Subject: music

I've been taking some classes for a few weeks now. I "plan" on receiving an ipod for the holidays and wondering if anyone has some good suggestions. I would like a ong namo guru namo set and a good strong beat song, for the harder poses.

Any suggestions would be great!

Jen
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-12-15 4:21 PM (#71789 - in reply to #71786)
Subject: RE: music

jro - 2006-12-15 3:44 PM

I've been taking some classes for a few weeks now. I "plan" on receiving an ipod for the holidays and wondering if anyone has some good suggestions. I would like a ong namo guru namo set and a good strong beat song, for the harder poses.

Any suggestions would be great!

Jen

EMail me and I shall give you some in my collection. I know what you are looking for since some of my spiritual sisters are Kundalinis and KundaliniYoginis!
joscmt
Posted 2006-12-15 10:10 PM (#71817 - in reply to #71786)

I don't know much about Kundalini, but a CD with a good beat is Yoga Mela. There are a lot of great songs there..
jonnie
Posted 2006-12-16 12:52 AM (#71821 - in reply to #71786)

Personally, I believe that listening to music while practising Yoga will detract from the practise and never do it.

For 'off the mat' music, I prefer the classics. Ravi Shankar (sitar), Zakir Hussain (tabla) and of course the incredible Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Jonathon
Cyndi
Posted 2006-12-16 8:36 AM (#71842 - in reply to #71821)

Expert Yogi

I used to say that too Jonnie, and there are times when silence is most definitely cherished and preferred. However, I live in the country, in silence 24/7. Lately, I've really enjoyed listening to Audio Visions on XM radio. I actually did a week survey for a company that rated radio stations. Audio Visions was the station I commented about the most. I had listed on the report that I practiced my yoga to this station, and I would like to see more 'yoga' type music...guess what?? I've noticed the change. It's amazing and even better than before.

Then my other choices are....I have my own playlists on my I-pod that I listen to. It varies from all my favorites. I have a couple that are my favorites...good thing about I-tunes is that you can shuffle them around, delete what you don't like...it's great.
joscmt
Posted 2006-12-17 1:57 PM (#71897 - in reply to #71786)

I love my ipod.. I've gotten that thing packed with music for all occasions! I like audio visions too.. it's got a good vibe.
Music during yoga helps me focus inward and to forget outside noises (the person next to me coughing) or construction going on at my neighbors house..
mishoga
Posted 2006-12-19 8:00 AM (#71980 - in reply to #71786)

Expert Yogi

Hey Jen,
I have some mixes on itunes. I like to play music with good beats during my flow classes.
Check out some of the songs. You might like some of the artists.
Have fun with your ipod. I love mine.

This is the link to one mix and you can see the others too. Also check out all other yoga mixes from users. This is how I find some great artists. Be careful though, It's so easy to click that link to purchase music.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=209129319

Mish
sirensong2
Posted 2006-12-22 6:16 PM (#72208 - in reply to #71980)

Hello Jen,

Last may I got some beautiful Kundalini music as a gift- including the chant you wanted. here are some names to look into..

The first is Sada Sat Kaur's albumn "Shashara" . The other cds are Snatam Kaur I think .. You can also look at www.SpiritVoyage.com, GRACE, PREM and SHANTI come reccommended from my buddy who gave me the CD's.

Enjoy!
Orbsycli
Posted 2007-01-06 12:17 PM (#73030 - in reply to #71786)

Psytrance.

Psychedelic trance music.

The progressive voice of future vibes. Usually with no vocals (as vocals are severely distracting)

Just groovy, funky, psychedelic beats that grind and twist and OH

How I love to dance with psytrance! Dig it!

http://www.audiognomes.com/gnometones.htm

Have a BLAST with that stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)