YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

certification by yoga-fit?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Posted 2007-01-15 5:03 AM (#74093 - in reply to #73890)
Subject: RE: certification by yoga-fit?

Yoga Alliance has a form on their web site where you can file for your RYT (200, 500) and they supply a matrix. You simply fill out the chart and send the supporting documentation. They review it and if it's legit you're RYT. Unless they've changed something in the last 12 months. You should not need to register with the Alliance before. But I don't know the protocols.

As far as a teacher training I will donate $25 to that training.

Once again I WILL DONATE $25 TO THAT TRAINING YOU MENTION at the ASheville center.
Register, send a pdf of the receipt, with a mailing address, and I'll cut you a check the same day.

Anyone else driven crazy enough by the idea to join me.
How do you like THEM apples.

Cyndi - 2007-01-12 2:38 PM
You know, just out of curiosity, not that I want to do this, but which yoga certification is of higher quality that is say, accepted anywhere a person would want to teach for creditential, "I can teach Yoga" purposes??? What about Yoga Alliance?? The Asheville Yoga Center does alot of this. Looks like you have to apply seperately with YA before you sign up for the class. It's also not cheap for a 23 day, 230 hour workshop. It's like $1,950. Then they have a 500 hour as well. Interesting. That means I can go to Asheville for 23 days, 230 hours and walla, become a teacher. That would drive you guys crazy, I just know it,

Edited by purnayoga 2007-01-15 5:08 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ollie
Posted 2007-01-15 8:46 AM (#74107 - in reply to #74000)

jivasol - 2007-01-13 12:04 AM

Hi Ollie,

Just curious here, which training are you signed up for? I have worked for YF for 7 yrs now. Can I share my own experience? When I started to first teach group fitness, I had many years of self yoga practice( 5+) behind me, but none of "teaching yoga asana". If you are passionate about your practice, than that is the tapas(discipline) you need to work through this path. It doesnt matter what door you step through, its that you make a choice. If you have any question about the training/weekend, please feel free to respond

OM SHANTIH
Beth Marik

I have signed up for level 1 training. Practice: my first class was in August 2003, but for the first year or so I was "a class a couple of times a week" person. I gradually started to get more and more interested (e. g., taking more classes, going to an out of town class with my teacher, etc.).

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-15 10:22 AM (#74123 - in reply to #74107)

Expert Yogi

Well, geez, thanks for offer Purna...but $25??? is that all? I'm just a poor little Brahmin girl,

Please see my post in the 'put Cyndi' thread....although, even though I made myself very clear about TT and what I felt about it. The only way I would go through this type of training, is because I know that one day the business of Yoga will change, due to all the micro-managing that has gone on, and the only way you'll be able to be a part of any kind of teaching, is to be certified by something. So, I guess if I had to go there and choose, I would choose Yoga Alliance. My husband promises me that when we go to Nepal and India, he is going to take me to visit a "REAL" Yogi (I know you guys hate it when I do that, ) that will teach me everything I need to know. Now, how in the hell do you get certified for that??!?

Posted 2007-01-15 11:02 AM (#74128 - in reply to #73430)

supply documentation about what you did with that "real yogi" and send it to yoga alliance. then they register you. (it's not certification, technically).

technically, i'm not 'certified.' but, i've apprenticed and trained for many years and continue to do so. and i am also registered (so that i can work in gyms,e tc).
ollie
Posted 2007-01-15 11:07 AM (#74129 - in reply to #74128)

Zoebird, have you always had a link to your website? You don't look like I thought you would. I pictured someone "meaner" looking; someone "intimidating".

Edited by ollie 2007-01-15 11:09 AM

Posted 2007-01-15 10:35 PM (#74194 - in reply to #73430)

you mean i don't look intimidating?

i'll have to work on that. . .
ollie
Posted 2007-01-16 1:13 PM (#74284 - in reply to #74194)

zoebird - 2007-01-15 9:35 PM

you mean i don't look intimidating?

i'll have to work on that. . .

I wouldn't bother; to me, THIS is intimidating:

http://www.sportstaronnet.com/tss2448/ss244809.jpg

You? You might be knowledgable, skilled and demanding (exactly what I'd want from a teacher) but I doubt that you'd be a hazard to my health. A hazard to my ego perhaps, but that's good!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)