YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Sone
Posted 2007-01-19 2:34 PM (#74655)
Subject: Help!

Lately I have been experiencing extreme Kundalini energy.
When I lie down and meditate I start to feel the energy at the base of my spine and when I get really relaxed my jaw starts to have a lot of pain. I have a problem with my TMJoint in my jaw and I think I am going to break my jaw if I release this energy.
I suffer from social phobia and I was told in this state that when I release it that I will never feel uncomfortable around people again and I will be able to breathe freely.
But: my jaw is going to break.
Is it normal to have such extreme unbalances that body parts can break?
I don't know what to do at this time..... I am not working with any teacher. Nor would I know where to find one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-01-19 3:25 PM (#74665 - in reply to #74655)
Subject: RE: Help!

to find a teacher, contact these people: http://3ho.org/
Bay Guy
Posted 2007-01-23 10:22 PM (#75084 - in reply to #74655)

Expert Yogi

It sounds like you are clenching your teeth if your TMJ is like that. Try holding your tongue passively on the floor of your mouth, and avoid pressing it on the palette.

... bg

Posted 2007-01-24 12:25 PM (#75128 - in reply to #74655)

I'm a little confused by your post. You're not working with a teacher but your doing a Kundalini practice? Or you're not doing a Kundalini practice but have kundalini energy? Could you clarify this for me please?

What makes you think it's Kundalini that's rising?
What is the nature of your current practice?
From what source are you getting this practice?

I'll gladly provide you with some direction once you place some of these things into perspective for me.
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 9:14 AM (#76893 - in reply to #74655)

Veteran

Bhimpalasi,

Sounds like you're in trouble (or at least you think you are). Did you willingly try to raise K, or did it "just happen"? You should never, ever force to raise K, and certainly not without proper guidance. If you did, you are playing with fire! I know some might disagree, even on this forum, but this is my honest opinion. So, to answer your question: yes, bones might break under certain conditions. If you did try force a K rising, then stop it, right now.
Otherwise, you don't have to worry too much about it. You state that you are relaxing, but by the sound of it, you're certainly not relaxing your jaw. Is this correct?

Kind regards,
Tw
Starseed
Posted 2007-03-11 11:15 PM (#79887 - in reply to #74655)

Namaste

Are you practicing Kundalini Yoga? Also, wondering what you mean by EXTREME vibrations? As when one is fully opening...it is like a freight train running through your body...and then feelings of eurphoria, expanded conciousness, possibly leaving body, so on, and so on.

I would agree, it does sound as if when you are trying to hold back the energy, you are at the same time, clenching your jaws tight...and you may not be aware of it consciously due to your tmj. For long term, I suggest getting a mouth gaurd made at the dentists (or pick one up from a sports department). For short term, try a warm towel to relax the jaw right before meditation.

It has been my experience that the more one resists to this k energy...the more difficult the journey. But, I have never heard of anyone breaking their bones from vibrating.

There is a great forum called "Kundaliniheat: a Kundalini support group." On the forum are MANY people in the process of opening...some having been open for 30+ years. ALL have great advice to share & learn from.

May your journey be blessed a thousand fold
As Above
So Below
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)