YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much to pay instructors?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

joscmt
Posted 2007-01-30 2:28 PM (#75772 - in reply to #75527)
Subject: RE: How much to pay instructor

indigojill - 2007-01-28 4:30 PM
I just re-read your post and I really appreciate all the info here!

My situation is unique in so many ways - 1) I am in a semi-rural area in the Florida panhandle that has a year round popluation of only around 7800 but that draws a few million during the on-season 2)there are only about 5 certified instructors within 25 miles 3)commerical rents in the area are at around $25-$26/sq.ft. MINIMUM (I'm in Coastal Florida where the real estate prices are insane!) which obviously I wasn't able to afford so I negotiated something with a family member who owns a commercial building in a PRIME location but the first space is tiny (I market it as a "boutique" studio and will expand as demand grows) so I'm limited in class sizes at the moment to only 10 students.

The good news is that we have a loyal following already after only being open 2 months and the 5 classes we have all pull in around an average of 5 or so students. The bad news is that there are so many variables against me right now that I'm struggling to find a way to keep the bills paid, door open and still have enough at some point to convert another space in this building to an additional 800 sq.ft. studio

Purnayoga, do you know of any groups out there of yoga business owners where people share info between one another? I would be willing to start one if not!

Any info on what works for you or anyone else reading this would be GREAT!

Light and Peace.

That last sentence is, what I think, opened up the discussion. There are commonalities in running any business.... there are certain elements that are the same anywhere- customer service, cash flow, etc... but, whatever. I'm out. I was just trying to be helpful. You obviously know what you need to know to run your business- which is why, I guess, you posted here in the first place.

Fifi and yogabrian- thanks !
Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2007-01-30 3:11 PM (#75779 - in reply to #75442)
Subject: RE: How much to pay instructors?

Hi YogaBrian,

I used to do Mysore at YogaShala since I lived in the Castro, SF. I think YS closed in 2000. Too bad. They had really great instructors.

You brought up a good point about "the grind". As an owner of any business, it can be a grind to have to be there, answer phone calls, clean, shop for cleaning supplies, go to the bank...

Anyway, good luck indigojill!
indigojill
Posted 2007-01-30 3:30 PM (#75781 - in reply to #75772)
Subject: RE: How much to pay instructor

joscmt - 2007-01-30 1:28 PM

indigojill - 2007-01-28 4:30 PM
I just re-read your post and I really appreciate all the info here!

My situation is unique in so many ways - 1) I am in a semi-rural area in the Florida panhandle that has a year round popluation of only around 7800 but that draws a few million during the on-season 2)there are only about 5 certified instructors within 25 miles 3)commerical rents in the area are at around $25-$26/sq.ft. MINIMUM (I'm in Coastal Florida where the real estate prices are insane!) which obviously I wasn't able to afford so I negotiated something with a family member who owns a commercial building in a PRIME location but the first space is tiny (I market it as a "boutique" studio and will expand as demand grows) so I'm limited in class sizes at the moment to only 10 students.

The good news is that we have a loyal following already after only being open 2 months and the 5 classes we have all pull in around an average of 5 or so students. The bad news is that there are so many variables against me right now that I'm struggling to find a way to keep the bills paid, door open and still have enough at some point to convert another space in this building to an additional 800 sq.ft. studio

Purnayoga, do you know of any groups out there of yoga business owners where people share info between one another? I would be willing to start one if not!

Any info on what works for you or anyone else reading this would be GREAT!

Light and Peace.

That last sentence is, what I think, opened up the discussion. There are commonalities in running any business.... there are certain elements that are the same anywhere- customer service, cash flow, etc... but, whatever. I'm out. I was just trying to be helpful. You obviously know what you need to know to run your business- which is why, I guess, you posted here in the first place.

Fifi and yogabrian- thanks !

joscmt...that last sentance was asking anyone reading this post for infomation on additional online resources for yoga business owner - it wasn't opening any disucssion other than that. But we are beating the proverbial dead horse here.

SO, now that I know this isn't the right forum that I seek afterall (geez...ask a question and, when trying to keep up with the discussion, be accused of being a rookie or a know it all ... tough group!! ) for anyone that has followed this post and is interested, we have a new online forum specifically for yoga business owners -http://www.oneyogasouthwalton.com/bulletinboard.

Come and share info with others who are trying to create a successful yoga business! In order to promote a trustworthy environment and to promote camarederie between like minded individuals, you must register to view the board and verify you do own a business (no lurkers).

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)