YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

funny things people say
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Kym
Posted 2007-01-31 9:12 AM (#75840)
Subject: funny things people say

I don't want to seem like I'm making fun of people, but sometimes people can say funny or shocking things. I'm sure I have, too!

Last night, someone came up to me and said it was her first time to try yoga. She said she was really tight and had a few other problems. She asked if she should see improvement in a week! I thougt, "wow-stick with this for a year and you'll mostly see the benefits in your emotions!".

The other thing, and this one another yoga teacher told me, is that someone admitted that she thought "Namaste" was "Have-a-nice-day". If you say it out loud, you can see how it could happen. She was even laughing about it herself when she realized her mistake-too funny!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-01-31 10:30 AM (#75857 - in reply to #75840)
Subject: RE: funny things people say

Expert Yogi

Nice start to my morning, Kym There are studies that show that cortisol (stress indicators) levels actually do drop significantly after the very first class. Lossening up a lifetime of tightness may take a bit longer

Posted 2007-01-31 1:04 PM (#75884 - in reply to #75840)

It would be outstanding to have a thread here of these sorts of things.
I can't think of any but if I do I'llbe back.
mishoga
Posted 2007-02-02 5:03 PM (#76183 - in reply to #75840)

Expert Yogi

OK, this is a good one, a little over the top but true.

The other day a student confessed to me she had a sexual dream that involved the two of us
What could you possibly reply to that

Posted 2007-02-02 6:06 PM (#76190 - in reply to #76183)

I wasn't in it too was I Mish? Oh, 'suppose not. My old bosses wife told me that in front of her husband and my wife once...it was very ugly--the old boss and his wife are divorced now.
GreenJello
Posted 2007-02-03 2:21 PM (#76258 - in reply to #76183)

mishoga - 2007-02-02 5:03 PM

The other day a student confessed to me she had a sexual dream that involved the two of us

Wow! I think it would really depend on the context. Maybe I'm flattered (but not interested)? I think people have sexual dreams about different people all the time, usually it just means they're interested in having sex with that person, little more.
JackieCat
Posted 2007-02-03 2:54 PM (#76260 - in reply to #76258)

Extreme Veteran

GreenJello - 2007-02-03 2:21 PM

Wow! I think it would really depend on the context. Maybe I'm flattered (but not interested)? I think people have sexual dreams about different people all the time, usually it just means they're interested in having sex with that person, little more.

Or it might not even mean that . . . haven't you ever had a sexual dream about someone, awakened, and gone, "EWW! I would never have sex with that person in real life!"

Not that I'm implying that that's the case with your student, Mish! I think that girl was definitely coming on to you. I can't think of any response except something along the lines of "How bout those Giants?!"
GreenJello
Posted 2007-02-03 7:58 PM (#76280 - in reply to #76260)

JackieCat - 2007-02-03 2:54 PM

GreenJello - 2007-02-03 2:21 PM

Or it might not even mean that . . . haven't you ever had a sexual dream about someone, awakened, and gone, "EWW! I would never have sex with that person in real life!"

Nah, but I'm a guy. Maybe it would be more correct to say I'd still fantasize about them in RL, but not do anything about it.
Kym
Posted 2007-02-08 7:46 PM (#76953 - in reply to #75840)

Someone asked me yesterday if I could use the big balls in my class. You know, those big balance balls? I don' t even know for sure what they are called. I said, "well, I'm not trained with those. I think those are for pilates classes?" In my mind, I'm like, are you kidding me?

Mish, I'd have been so shocked! I probably would have gotten nervous and asked if it was a good dream or bad, which would have been the wrong thing to say.

Posted 2007-02-09 11:40 AM (#77026 - in reply to #75840)

i know that this is off topic, but i told one of my clients/friends/teachers (he's one of my apprentices) about a dream i had that involved him.

in the dream, i was upset with ryan for not wanting to have a baby with me 'right then.' by that i mean, i had approached him to TTC and he said "no, not right now--i think we should wait another year" and so i was angry with him and asked him what another year might do for us. And then he said 'i dunno, maybe we justs shouldn't have kids." and i said "fine, i'll go to mark. at least i know my kid will have blue eyes!" then, in the dream, i met mark at a park near his house and asked him to father my kiddo--and that i was excited that the kiddo would have for-sure blue eyes (he and i both have blue eyes, ryan doesn't--so no guarentees), and then mark said "sure" and we made arragements to concieve in the old fashioned way.

and then, i told ryan about the conversation with mark, and he said 'ok, do whatever you want/need to do.' and so i did, and then i had a blue-eyed baby girl (very cute), and mark was totally cool and ryan was totally cool. and i was happy because i had my blue-eyed baby.

and so when i told ryan, he got all defensive. and when i told mark, he laughed his ass off. and he said "yeah, should you ever need that, it's cool. i mean, i wouldn't want your kid to have brown eyes or anything" and then later he and ryan joked about it--and ryan said "oh, she just gets lusty" and so on.

but, i know what the dream really is about. and if you want to take a crack at theories, feel free. but i got it, two nites later, after going through the same dream two more times, but with different men (all of whom i know--but i didn't feel comfortable telling them about it. mark, yes, cuz he's like my brother--we were born on the same day 7 yrs apart!--but the others, no.

ok, how about them apples?
ollie
Posted 2007-02-09 12:33 PM (#77038 - in reply to #76260)

JackieCat - 2007-02-03 1:54 PM

I have. Only very rarely do I ever have sex with anyone in a dream, and even more rarely is it with anyone that I am attracted to in real life.
GreenJello
Posted 2007-02-09 1:21 PM (#77055 - in reply to #77026)

zoebird - 2007-02-09 11:40 AM

but, i know what the dream really is about. and if you want to take a crack at theories, feel free.

Okay my guess is this. You're struggling with the fact that being with one person means that you can't have anybody else. You're about to have a baby, which makes the level of commitment even deeper, and also makes you realize what you're missing out on. Hence the blue eyes, brown eyes stuff.

Do I win a door prize?

Posted 2007-02-09 1:38 PM (#77057 - in reply to #75840)

Sex dreams...weave into them what one will, when it gets down to the bottom line, we're just basically horn dogs and dreams allow us to frolic unrepentently sampling the good aspects of wanton abandon without dealing with the consequences...I propose a group dream...I'm thinging Kym, ZB, Tourist, Mish, Cyndi, Fifi...and Beloved Brother Neel--on Brother Bay Guy's and my pirate ship--I'll film it.
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-09 2:37 PM (#77061 - in reply to #75840)

My dreams always seem to dredge up unresolved regret.

I feel like I didn't handle things in the past as well as I should have, and now I wish I was a better person than I was.

I still think it's funny when short women ask me if I could give them just 8 more inches.

Posted 2007-02-09 3:41 PM (#77065 - in reply to #75840)

GJ: well, interesting theory--but not it. mostly, guys are worried about commitment in my experience. i'm not at all concerned about it--and not at all sexually interested in mark. like i said, he's like my brother. and in the dream, i knew this.

it was definately about something else. consolation price?
GreenJello
Posted 2007-02-09 3:54 PM (#77067 - in reply to #77065)

zoebird - 2007-02-09 3:41 PM

GJ: well, interesting theory--but not it. mostly, guys are worried about commitment in my experience.

I'm not sure I understand, their level of commitment, or the womans? I think that both sexes deal with concerns about their partner's fidelity, for different reasons.

i'm not at all concerned about it--and not at all sexually interested in mark. like i said, he's like my brother. and in the dream, i knew this.

it was definately about something else. consolation price?

Sure, but I think if I'm going to guess, you totally have to explain what you _think_ the dream is about. The funny thing about dreams, IMHO, it's that nobody's ever 100% sure what they're about.

EDIT: I'm totally ready to join up with Bruce on the pirate ship. I want to be chief gun officer, always wanted to fire off a cannon.

Edited by GreenJello 2007-02-09 3:57 PM

Posted 2007-02-09 4:01 PM (#77069 - in reply to #75840)

well, i don't really have to tell what it was about, do i? and, i do think that a person can know what their dreams mean, if they learn to utilize those dreams as tools of knowledge. that's how i do it.

it was about insecurity, but not about infidelity. infidelity has never really been at issue for me, for us. it's just not there.
mishoga
Posted 2007-02-09 7:11 PM (#77081 - in reply to #76953)

Expert Yogi

Kym - 2007-02-08 7:46 PM

Mish, I'd have been so shocked! I probably would have gotten nervous and asked if it was a good dream or bad, which would have been the wrong thing to say.

That is exactly what I said. I can't believe you wrote that. I don't even think I thought about the words that came out of my mouth

That's Deep Zoe It is. So I haven't read the whole thing so refer me back to it if you answered.
You think it was just about insecurity?
Sounds like a very vivid dream. I don't like vivid dreams like that. They change my body chemistry quickly and it stays that way for about 24 hours!

Posted 2007-02-09 8:07 PM (#77084 - in reply to #75840)

GJ: " I'm totally ready to join up with Bruce on the pirate ship. I want to be chief gun officer, always wanted to fire off a cannon."

Chief Gunny you be matie, welcome aboard the pirate mystery ship...oh yeah, the gunner gets to bellow, "Avast you slimey scoundrels, prepare to be boarded!" as he fires the warning salvo across the ship's bow.
mishoga
Posted 2007-02-09 8:13 PM (#77086 - in reply to #75840)

Expert Yogi

Arrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Posted 2007-02-09 8:22 PM (#77088 - in reply to #77086)

I did my class last night in pirate voice! A woman said she had a prof that always faked a French accent and pirate-speak is all I could think of....I didn't do the whole 90 minutes of course, that would have driven 'em nuts. I was focusing on balancing poses so it was kind of fun to sneak up on 'em in eagle and see 'em not finding the drishti and coming up real quiet and whisper, "and just what be you looking at missy?"
mishoga
Posted 2007-02-09 8:25 PM (#77089 - in reply to #75840)

Expert Yogi

That's great! I wish I could pull that off!
Next Halloween I am going to purcashe some pirates outerwear At the least.......a patch!
GreenJello
Posted 2007-02-09 9:30 PM (#77092 - in reply to #77084)

Bruce - 2007-02-09 8:07 PM

GJ: " I'm totally ready to join up with Bruce on the pirate ship. I want to be chief gun officer, always wanted to fire off a cannon."

Chief Gunny you be matie, welcome aboard the pirate mystery ship...oh yeah, the gunner gets to bellow, "Avast you slimey scoundrels, prepare to be boarded!" as he fires the warning salvo across the ship's bow.

Woot! That sounds like the life for me. I just wanna get some booty!

FYI, September 19th is official "Talk like a pirate day" here in the states. Sorry Glenda, Fee, and our other members, I guess your officials do useful stuff in your countries. I'm sure nobody would slight you for taking up this quante american tradition.

Posted 2007-02-10 7:33 AM (#77112 - in reply to #75840)

mish:

yeah, i know what it was about. it was interesting. i'm not really bothered or afraid of dreams because i've been working with them for so long. the sketchy ones are the ramblings of my brain--memories from the day, old vestiages of smell and what not--it's the vivid ones that are usually about me working something out. so, for me, it's a functional thing.

had a huge opening in yesterday's class (last nite's workshop with Jimmy Barkan). it was because of the location of the place, who is associated with it. very interesting.
joscmt
Posted 2007-02-10 8:47 AM (#77119 - in reply to #75840)

Bruce- I'm a little bummed....being left off your boat..
Just kidding- I'll have my own Black Pearl...Arrgghhh...

Once, I had this 16 yr old line cook. I get to work and we're talking and he tells me that he had this dream of me and one of his female high school teachers getting it on and we let him watch..... to which I responded " , Hmmm... uhh...." and wandered off. Couldn't say too much being his employer and him being 16 and all... I don't get too randy with the jokes with the little 'uns (even though they are worse than me most of the time)..

Then a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream that I was beating the living dooky out of one of my current line cooks (mind you, I'm not a violent person). We were in a pretty serious fist fight and the last image before I woke up was me bashing his head on the stairs at work and asking him if there was anything he wanted to say before I broke his neck......talk about changing my chemistry for a few days... that one scared the bejesus out of me! I've NEVER had a dream like that before. And the funny thing is- he's one of my favorite people to work with. He keeps me laughing and he's a really, really nice guy. I've never felt ANY kind of animosity towards him at all... but WOWSA! This was violent.. I felt like I was in a Quentin Tarantino movie!

I hope by sharing this, you guys aren't scared of me and my freaky dreams. All I could think it thank GOD that stayed in my head as a dream!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)