YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spontaneous kundalini rising
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

tweeva
Posted 2007-02-06 4:19 PM (#76648)
Subject: Spontaneous kundalini rising

Veteran

LS,
On the 8th of January 2007 and lasting for approx. 2 weeks, I was unexpectedly shown the mystery of creation and destruction by the Goddess. Now I'm balanced again, I feel like my soul is cleansed, and some positive physical effects are continuing to show through. But I don't want to talk about myself on this forum. Basically what I want everybody, who is trying to force a kundalini rising, to know: stop trying. Although she is a healing force, she can kill you in an instant. When you are ready, it will happen. Put your faith in the wisdom of the serpent.
And now for a poem, in my mother's tongue:

Zij is vergiffenis en wraak, tegelijkertijd
en eeuwigheid
prachtig en verschrikkelijk
en vreugderijk
Zij verschroeit maar ook bemint
haar mensenkind
creƫert en vernietigt zonder mededogen
wie niet kijken kan, recht in haar ogen
Zij is onbeschrijflijk, toch steeds daar
doch velen zijn vergeten waar.

In time, I might translate this for a broader audience.

Tw
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jonnie
Posted 2007-02-07 1:22 AM (#76691 - in reply to #76648)
Subject: RE: Spontaneous kundalini rising

Congratulations.

You have achieved one of the highest levels of Yoga and while many new posters on the forum seem to also have experienced the awakening of their Kundalini this puts you in a position of Yogic one-up-manship above the likes of Gurus Jois, Iyengar and Desikashar and of course Swami Sivanada who also never experienced it.

What makes you sure that it is your Kundalini rising?
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-07 5:14 AM (#76697 - in reply to #76691)

Veteran

I don't know anything for sure anymore, save: I am. I felt her fire, and continue to do so (to a "lesser degree" because of some "barriers" I had to put up). In the following "ramblings", metaphores are required to talk about her.
Anyway, I don't consider myself or anyone who had similar experiences in a position "above" any of those wise people you mention, on the contrary. She blessed me with her touch, and I just barely had the means to survive the fire, which is in fact a signature of her wisdom. I had to call upon the wisdom of the ages to understand what was happening to me. HER wisdom, that is very much alive in those people. Everything is blessed with her fire, but most of us are unaware of it. It is all about awareness. Kundalini is everywhere. I think the yogi's you mention are even more than aware of this. Yoga mastership is the key to "channelling" and putting this tremendous force to good use, as it is meant to be.
For myself, I was too busy just trying to survive, and barely did.
If it is meant to happen, it will. In this life or the next. Once everyone will become fully aware to the force of her fire.
Remember, I did not call on her blessing and if I had the choice, I'd probably rather "pass the cup". But it's too late for that now. I have put my first steps on a new path from which there is no return.
Enough about me. Why do I feel you are challenging me?
Are you truly a veteran? In Dubai?
jonnie
Posted 2007-02-07 1:21 PM (#76768 - in reply to #76697)

tweeva - 2007-02-07 1:14 PM

Enough about me. Why do I feel you are challenging me?
Are you truly a veteran? In Dubai?

Hi Tweeva,

Yes, I am in Dubai. The veteran bit just means I've posted more replies than the non veterans and less than the expert yogis

Sorry, my response was a bit challenging and on reflection, not really called for. I was in a flipant mood all afternoon and it obviously reflected in my post. I'm normally more emotionally literate than that.

The point I was trying to make was how do you know it was a Kundalini awakening? I'm sure you have experienced a substantial energetic shift in your awareness, but how did you diagnose it as Kundalini?

Jonathon
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-07 2:20 PM (#76783 - in reply to #76691)

jonnie - 2007-02-07 1:22 AM

Congratulations.

You have achieved one of the highest levels of Yoga and while many new posters on the forum seem to also have experienced the awakening of their Kundalini this puts you in a position of Yogic one-up-manship above the likes of Gurus Jois, Iyengar and Desikashar and of course Swami Sivanada who also never experienced it.

What makes you sure that it is your Kundalini rising?

oh you, behave
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-07 2:22 PM (#76785 - in reply to #76648)

So, what are you going to do with this kundalini rising?

this is also referred to in the new testament as being baptised in fire.

Edited by SCThornley 2007-02-07 2:24 PM
GreenJello
Posted 2007-02-07 2:32 PM (#76789 - in reply to #76785)
Subject: RE: Spontaneous kundalini risi

SCThornley - 2007-02-07 2:22 PM

Hmm... interesting.
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-07 2:33 PM (#76792 - in reply to #76789)

GreenJello - 2007-02-07 2:32 PM

SCThornley - 2007-02-07 2:22 PM

Hmm... interesting.

at least that's the way I feel like interpreting it at this moment, isn't belief grand?
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-07 4:00 PM (#76807 - in reply to #76768)

Veteran

Jonnie,

No apologies are required.
I stumbled upon this forum while looking for some advice on the subject. I posted my initial message because my main concern was to warn everybody who is actively trying to stir up the serpent.
I am indeed a newbie on this forum, which is now quite obvious. To be completely honest, I'm not even a regular yoga practitioner, or at least haven't been for some 16 years. During my experience I picked it up again to some basic extend, though. I guess you could call it my survival instinct kicking in.
Before I answer your question, I have one for you: did you ever experience anything of the kind? Did anyone else on this forum? There seems to be a global increase in kundalini experiences occuring.

Tw

tweeva
Posted 2007-02-07 4:38 PM (#76811 - in reply to #76792)

Veteran

SCThornley,

Wow, a sudden outburst of replies.
Kundalini is indeed just one way of describing this, well let's call it "phenomenon".
I think the alchemists refer to it as "The Secret Fire". Other belief systems will probably have other names for it. As a matter of fact, I have no doubt that the predominant religion of this time also has some terms for it. They probably diagnose it as some mental disorder like schizofrenia, borderline personality, etc before they treat it with "catarsis" or worse: a miracle solve-it all drug. Some scary sounding terms. Whatever.
For me, kundalini describes it best. At least it offers me the handles I need to deal with it. Believe what you will.

Kind regards,
Tw
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-07 4:57 PM (#76812 - in reply to #76648)

belief is a very powerful thing

if it helps you, that is best

I've also heard an interpretation that "kundlini rising" is ignorance leaving the body

Many ideas out there, so much to choose from.

tweeva
Posted 2007-02-07 5:11 PM (#76816 - in reply to #76812)

Veteran

So let's discuss "belief".

Well, the problem I have whit this term is the conotation that some kind of belief is required in order for the "phenomenon" to occur. This is not the case imho. Belief is a way of coping with it, describing it, a frame of reference. The "phenomenon" stands "as is" and does not care for any belief or the other (again, imho). On the other hand, I could be completely wrong. As stated before, I know nothing.

Tw
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-07 5:16 PM (#76817 - in reply to #76648)

if you sense something

you may believe it is one thing or another based on what we have to go on and experience it with, it does not change the occurance of the event

To a 2 dimensional being occurances in the third dimension seem miraculous and impossible to explain (Swami Vishnudevananda explains this best, you might like to seek out his writings)

and so it is with 3 dimensional beings when it comes to experiencing something outside of our sensible understanding

tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 1:02 AM (#76843 - in reply to #76817)

Veteran

You are absolutely right. Did you experience something of the kind?
jonnie
Posted 2007-02-08 5:18 AM (#76853 - in reply to #76807)

Hi Tweeva

No, I wouldn't say I have ever had a Kundalini experience. I have though, experienced quite strong energtic shifts in my meditation practise over the years.

I don't practise Kundalini Yoga (in the Yogi Bhjan sense) though my Hatha Yoga pranayama and meditative practises will have a subtle effect on it I'm sure.

Jonathon
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-08 7:00 AM (#76860 - in reply to #76648)

Like a lot of folks that come to Yoga in a serendipitous fashion, my early experiences with Yoga were really intense, but I've come to believe that this is normal, especially for those whom had never done any deep breathing, visualization, and meditation before.

For me now, I'm just glad if people consider Yoga in a positive way.
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 8:20 AM (#76882 - in reply to #76860)

Veteran

Dear SCThornley,

Could you please elaborate on "really intense"? May I also ask for how long you have been practicing yoga? Quite some time, no doubt, judging form the serenity in your replies.
Please forgive me for my curiousity. I ask this only to put things into perspective.

Tw
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-08 8:39 AM (#76884 - in reply to #76648)

OK

I met my buddy Joe, see new thread in the forum for his trip to India, back in college.

That was near 17 years ago.

He's an instructor and studied with lots and lots of yoga 'authorities' from Hawaii, California, Colorado, Texas, Pennsylvania, too many names to drop here.

Yoga experiences were intensely positive, that's why I still practice.
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 9:31 AM (#76896 - in reply to #76884)

Veteran

Dear Steve,

Ok, but please elaborate some more. What do you mean with intensely positive. Did you get "good vibes", positive health effects, etc., anything in particular?
And yes, I'm probing for something.
Feel free to ignore my questions if you feel uncomfortable to answer them in this public forum.

Kind regards,
Tw
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-08 9:40 AM (#76897 - in reply to #76648)

prior to Yoga, I was a very competitive athlete, in spite of the fact that I'd broken my legs and my arm when I was younger. I was always up for a challenge.

Yoga allowed me a totally different perspective on life and in the beginning so many points of view changed in me that the way I had been considering everything was like an illusion and I could finally see.

But, I think back to it now, and think maybe I was just young and excited. So much more has happened over the past 17 years, that has been incremental and harder to notice but no less significant than the intense stuff that happened when I first started to really breathe, and relax my body, and still my mind-chatter, and focus on different chakras/nerve ganglia.

tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 10:11 AM (#76899 - in reply to #76897)

Veteran

Thank you for your open replies.
Ok, so you know where your main chakras are located. But do you also feel them?
Again: stop answering if you feel uncomfortable.
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-08 10:35 AM (#76903 - in reply to #76648)

doesn't everybody feel them?
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 11:27 AM (#76913 - in reply to #76903)

Veteran

Steve,

Well, yes, I suppose everybody can feel them, but it keeps suprising me how few actually do feel them, or better: are "aware" of them. Of course, these forums are different for obvious reasons.

I would like to continue this conversation, but I feel reluctant to keep discussing this in public. Do you feel like continuing throug email?

To answer your question regarding my plans for using K: I plan not to use it for whatever means. I am convinced (believe?) this is very dangerous stuff, which affects our very souls. Remember, my experience was spontaneous. I will not try to stir up her fire willingly, at least not untill I learn more about it and know how to channel it. What I will do however, is try to offer my advice through this and other forums to people with similar experiences, for better or for worse.

Kind regards,
Tw
SCThornley
Posted 2007-02-08 11:37 AM (#76916 - in reply to #76648)

OK,
sounds good to me.
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-09 5:03 AM (#76998 - in reply to #76853)

Veteran

Dear Jonathon,

Your question is a very though one to answer, and as I feel it, in the order of the great philosophical and religious dilemma's. How do you describe the undescribable? I will not walk that path any longer, life's too short for it. If I must try to answer, I would summarize by saying:
In a sense, every living being experiences it, every single moment. I also suppose the effects and the extend of the experience are different for everyone, so there is no "standard" to which one can measure it on this realm (at least, not that I know of). It is, of course, the magnitude of the effects that "makes" the difference and the shock of it "opens one's eyes".
There is a certain "quality" about it , and there are some lasting effects in the material realm and on the people surrounding you by which one can tell.
When it happens, one simply "knows/feels".

What do YOU think? Can I consider your question answered?
Anyway, I will not give more details about it in public because I don't want to tempt anyone into toying around with it. I know others are less reluctant and continue to do so, with catastophical results. Even this writing/telling about it in public is to be considered dangerous for the reckless soul. I just read the wise post of Shri Vidya on the subject (#59138 thread http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=23200&posts=1#M72220). To all: Please consider the warning enclosed in it.

Kind regards,
Tw
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)