YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll where are you in poses poll
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

where are you in poses poll
OptionResults
working on breathing0 Votes - [0%]
working on Sun Salutation A1 Votes - [7.14%]
working on Sun Salutation B0 Votes - [0%]
fundamental standing poses1 Votes - [7.14%]
just started primary5 Votes - [35.71%]
can do primary2 Votes - [14.29%]
just started intermediate3 Votes - [21.43%]
can do intermediate2 Votes - [14.29%]
just started advanced0 Votes - [0%]
can do advanced0 Votes - [0%]
Can do poses so well that my kids will be born pros :D0 Votes - [0%]

YoGanesha
Posted 2007-02-19 12:22 AM (#78064 - in reply to #78054)
Subject: RE: where are you in poses pol

No, that wasn't me
Top of the page Bottom of the page
osutuffy
Posted 2007-02-19 1:11 AM (#78067 - in reply to #78064)

Ah ha, it was a name that looked similar to yours. Haha.
osutuffy
Posted 2007-02-19 1:41 AM (#78068 - in reply to #78062)

I know I get tired of feeling like I have to apologize before I post so not to step on anyones toes.
Hmm, still grasping the concept of Karma and all so forgive me if I use this as a metaphor wrong. Say for example, in EVERY past life someone did the same terrible deed. No matter what form they are reincarnated in, they never seem to stop making this mistake. Then in one life, they finally get it, and say I am not going to do this wrong thing anymore. I finally get that it is wrong. Well, doing a pose reminds me a little of how I understand karma to work (still learning). I keep doing the same thing wrong on the same pose, and it's like what is stopping me from doing this. When I do get it right, it's like hurrah. It also reminds me of how hard it is to change a bad habit. I used to have a problem with lying. My mother used to get me to lie for her when I was a kid, so I grew up to detatch myself from feeling that a lie was wrong. I would lie about stupid things that didn't make sense to lie about. I decided one day that I was not going to lie anymore. It was hard to stop that habit. I would start to tell a lie and then have to go back and tell the truth. Admitting I was lying was embarrassing because it was such little things I lied about. But I did stop lying, I don't even like to omit information or tell white lies anymore. People are surprised when I tell them what sort of lies I used to tell and I never really got caught in my lies.
So, each little victory on my asanas gives me encouragement. It's like since I can stop inhaling when I should exhale, it means I can stop doing X, Y, or Z bad habits in my life. I am showing I do have will power to change my life for the better. Even if it is hard or takes a long time.

I stopped IM'ing people, emailing, and anything to do with typing when I hurt my left hand. Then I started typing right hand only. That was tiring. My right hand is still larger than my left from all that typing. I got to where I could type as fast with the one hand (almost) as I could with both. Then I learned to type with pinky, pointer and thumb on left and with right. I can now use that ring finger but doubt I can use the middle since I can not feel if I have pressed a key or if I am touching one.

Try driving a stick shift without being able to use one arm at all. I couldn't even push the button to roll my window down, seatbelts weren't fun, etc I learned body can adapt to alot of things. I was so proud to be able to put on my bra with one hand. Made me wonder about guys that can do it, how much did they practice Note to all: do not wear pants that are hard to button with one hand (when you only have one hand) and then drink so much you have to get help in the bathroom buttoning your pants from a stranger. I was so proud when I was able to button my favorite pants and then so embarrassed to have to get help. I know she was laughing at me wondering why I either wore those pants or why I drank that much. Glad I don't drink like that anymore
jonnie
Posted 2007-02-19 8:05 AM (#78084 - in reply to #77966)
Subject: RE: where are you in poses poll

I’m confused.

Is this thread some sort of joke that I don’t get?

I challenge anyone whose practise of Yoga goes beyond asana to point out anything inaccurate in Downdog’s post. And for those whose practise of Yoga is asana, then I challenge you to show me anything rude in his post.

The guy’s entitled to an opinion, instead he has been accused of exposing his own negativity and cited as a perfect example of how nasty people can get on the forum.

Osutuffy, firstly you should revisit your comments to Yashodha in her thread/poll entitled “Why do we do Yoga?”. In light of this thread, they make interesting reading.

Secondly, revisit all the other threads that you have started and count how many positive and useful responses you have received from Downdog.

DownwardDog
Posted 2007-02-19 5:24 PM (#78171 - in reply to #77966)

Thanks Jonnie.

I'm still a little baffled -

Hehet
Posted 2007-02-19 9:53 PM (#78194 - in reply to #78032)

well said, Bruce

I wasn't offended either and answered, and it actually made me think about how i view my practice rather than compare and see how many people are at what stage.

Yoga is a path, a process.  We each view it differently, so not everyone will agree.

Bruce - 2007-02-18 8:43 PMDoesn't matter if I say something without the intention of causing offese; however, if offense is the result, I feel I've done something wrong, i.e, communicated ineffectively or on a subconscious level, intoned something not intended. Likewise, if I see/hear read something that offends me, I look to myself as to why. Then, if there is harm caused. FInally, is that person entitled to say/write whatever as a matter of individual free speech. In my view, Tiffinay, I see nothing wrong with your poll in fact, it shows an inquisitive mind. If some are offended, too darn bad. However, since it's on a public forum, one always has to be prepared for disagreement.
DownwardDog
Posted 2007-02-20 7:48 AM (#78216 - in reply to #77966)

Why is everyone talking about being offended?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)