YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vertabrae fused
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

osutuffy
Posted 2007-03-08 11:47 PM (#79645)
Subject: vertabrae fused

I have a friend that had scleriosis (sp) and had some of her vertabrae pinned together. The doctor told her it would help or stay the same as far as pain goes. This poor girl is in even worse pain than before. They left the pins in and when it was ok to remove them her doctor advised her that the second surgery can make it worse, better, or stay the same. She opted to keep the pins. Then they discovered one of the pins (or screws) was coming undone. And it was one that needed to stay in place. So they had to do surgery and put in a longer screw. Now this screw is poking through to the other side and sticking in some muscle. Anyone's back hurt yet? Because of the pins in her back her spine is straight all the time, in that area. I know that she can tie her shoes, but she doesn't bend down like most people, she has long arms. So back bends and twists are impossible for her. We play musical chairs when she comes over until we find one she can sit in. Usually has to have a slightly slanting back, sSitting straight up puts too much pressure on her back bones and leaning too far back puts too much pressure on her sit bones.
After they did the first surgery she said it was the first time she could lay down and her shoulders, hips, and feet were lined up, I know she was starting to form a hump that has gone down.
Any suggestions on poses that might strengthen her lower back muscles or at least help with the pain? This is mainly for my curiousity, she didn't ask me to ask. Her doctor is not letting her have pain meds anymore and he said she just has to get used to it, there's nothing he can do.

I feel helpless when I look at her. Poor girl used to have the best booty bounce in Columbus and now she just taps her feet
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)