YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anygood pills for mentalstress
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

andy_duke23
Posted 2007-03-13 2:30 AM (#79950)
Subject: Anygood pills for mentalstress

I saw a new commercial about a couple of months ago regarding stress and anxiety. I did not write down the name of the pill. If anyone could help with the name I would greatly appreciate it. I have lot of problems like I can’t sleep properly, have frequent mood swings some time I am happy and some times I feel so low that I could harm my self. I don’t know what can I do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cerise
Posted 2007-03-13 4:02 AM (#79952 - in reply to #79950)
Subject: RE: Anygood pills for mentalstress

Dear Andy Duke,

You may consider seeking professional help before taking any pill to help your anxiety/acute distress. As you know well, a pill will only hide the underlying issue temporarily and with significant side effects after a while.

If the reason for your distress is purely driven by some chemical imbalance, self-medication will probably miss the target ... if the reason is deeply imprinted in your soul/mind/..., experienced and compassionate external help may offer good advice which will help you to help yourself.

Big hug.
laylie99
Posted 2007-03-13 6:53 PM (#80006 - in reply to #79950)

Hi Andy,
If you feel so down that you may harm yourself, it is time to get help right away.
I would suggest that you at least find a counselor as soon as possible.

If you don't mind me asking, what does help you? Try to focus on that. I'm assuming yoga might be helping you since you've found this forum...

In your last post, you said you have been on medication prescribed by your doctor for one year... does your doctor know you still suffer from these severe lows? It's really important for you to make it very clear to your doctor that your meds aren't working... and it may be worth your time to switch to a naturopath, or a different doctor.

Maybe re-read the responses to your last post... good insight there.

Just a side note, this is probably not the best forum for gathering information on various depression meds if that's what you're looking for. A lot of people here use yoga as a primary form of stress relief, and many of us are not necessarily in a position to be giving you medical advice ...

Your situation sounds fairly severe and I think you should get some professional advice.
I hope things begin to look up for you.

In the meantime, do some yoga, visit the friends who support you, do some activities that help you relax, and try to do some pranayama!

damienholly
Posted 2007-03-14 1:18 AM (#80024 - in reply to #79950)

Do you have any more memory of the commercial? There are so many anti-anxiety medications out there. Don’t go for drugs. Try using Theramood. You even don’t have to take the prescription from any doctor. But if you are already consulting any doctor then ask him. I am sure he will also approve. I am taking it. Things are getting normal now.
Get well soon.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-03-14 9:40 AM (#80031 - in reply to #79950)

Advertisements for prescription drugs is out of control. Seriously, I thought I had lupus after one commercial and I'm not even a hypochondriac. Instead of focusing on what they're trying to sell you, try to catch the list of side effects at the end where the seller is speaking at hyperspeed.
Rodenyogi
Posted 2007-03-17 9:41 PM (#80305 - in reply to #79950)

andy_duke23 - 2007-03-13 1:30 AM

I saw a new commercial about a couple of months ago regarding stress and anxiety. I did not write down the name of the pill. If anyone could help with the name I would greatly appreciate it. I have lot of problems like I can’t sleep properly, have frequent mood swings some time I am happy and some times I feel so low that I could harm my self. I don’t know what can I do.

Try yoga. It may not be a cure, but TRY yoga. Maybe your stress will go down and you can try a less powerfull medication.

Posted 2007-04-16 11:37 PM (#83556 - in reply to #79950)
Subject: RE: Anygood pills for mentalst

Hi Andy.

How are you at this point in time? Can you check back in with us here and post? That would be helpful.

What has brought you to a yoga forum to make this inquiry?
really this sort of advising is out of our ballpark a bit. Most of us are trying to use yoga in a way that prevents us from the path of meds and surgeries.

Is there some other way we can help you? The advice given before me is very sound. If you think your own safety is an issue it is time to work with a professional. That should happen now, not next week.
cheremushki
Posted 2007-05-31 11:52 PM (#88088 - in reply to #79950)

"anygood pills for mentalstress"
yes.
chill pills
sorry.. couldn't help myself..
souljourney108
Posted 2007-06-04 7:57 PM (#88457 - in reply to #79950)

Hi Andy,
There are other ways besides taking pills, more lasting and fulfilling ...I think you know this and this is why you have asked on this forum.
Here are a couple of teachers you may like... there are others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPg9DnMP2D4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHV0jzi7BBQ&mode=related&search=

Peace,
Soul
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-04 10:45 PM (#88470 - in reply to #79950)

OK. It is best to meet someone. But, still. Let us know your Bio, such as work, family situation, et. etc. Then, I can give you some tips for sure.

andy_duke23 - 2007-03-13 2:30 AM

yogabond
Posted 2008-03-30 10:39 PM (#105655 - in reply to #79950)

I have to second that lupus comment! It's so easy to convince a person who is always worrying about their health that they have lupus since the chronic symptoms sound like any chronic ailment. Don't pay attention to commercials find a doc you can trust.

Other than that i think melatonin and a goods night's rest work really well for stress.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)