YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

irritated rotator cuff
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

riftweaver
Posted 2007-03-24 5:29 PM (#81086)
Subject: irritated rotator cuff

After a couple months of shoulder pains, I decided to follow my chiro visits by seeing a sports med doctor. After listening to my symptoms and checking my strength and range-of-motion, he pronounced it as an irritated rotator cuff.

It hurts to move my arm all the way across my body (front or back); the shoulder area sometimes hurts; the shoulderblade has been tight; the deltoid sometimes burns/itches/aches where it inserts into the arm; and heavy strength bearing is difficult or impossible.

Why, just this morning I learned that side plank causes pain! And tight, spasming muscles at that insertion point.

I believe this occurred as a result of sleeping on my arm at an awkward and unusual angle one night. I'm supposed to do 4-6 weeks of physical therapy, and my doctor feels I should be in good shape at that point.

I was hoping the yogis could also give some advice on how to approach my asana practice at this time. I already try to watch my shoulderblade engagement because I've learned that helps; and of course, I avoid things like bakasana. Any other suggestions?

--Jason
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)