YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plantar Fascia
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

Sully
Posted 2007-04-07 7:03 PM (#82650)
Subject: Plantar Fascia

The dreaded plantar fascia feels like it is coming back. I had a severe bout two summers ago and I feel the twinges of pain returning. I do the tennis ball roll on foot daily, walk and practice yoga. The massage therapist said it was estrogen levels shifting. I am in periomenopause. Any ideas out there about treatment? Massage? Help, hiking season is about to begin and I want to be healthy on the trail.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dmbones
Posted 2007-04-08 1:49 AM (#82693 - in reply to #82650)
Subject: RE: Plantar Fascia

Sully - 2007-04-07 4:03 PM

The dreaded plantar fascia feels like it is coming back. I had a severe bout two summers ago and I feel the twinges of pain returning. I do the tennis ball roll on foot daily, walk and practice yoga. The massage therapist said it was estrogen levels shifting. I am in periomenopause. Any ideas out there about treatment? Massage? Help, hiking season is about to begin and I want to be healthy on the trail.

Hi Frances,

You might try an epsom salt soak for your feet, then throw a light towel over a golf ball and really work those sore points, particularly at the base of the heels. Work both feet up with the golf ball, then stick your feet in some cold water for 30 seconds or so, dry them off and repeat at least daily. The Epsom salts are magnesium salts that help tight muscles relax after contraction. Walking in a cold river, or bathtub with cold water, can also keep circulation potentials working. Topical products that draw blood to the soles of the feet would also be helpful, particularly at night. Good luck!

Michael
Sapphire
Posted 2007-04-08 11:51 AM (#82724 - in reply to #82650)
Subject: RE: Plantar Fascia

Hi Frances,

Have you considered using an orthotic?
Hely & Weber make a good Plantar stretching orthosis. You may be able to get it by prescription from a podiatrist.

p.s. I'm also at that stage of life...playing a careful balancing game with my hormones

BodyWise

Edited by Sapphire 2007-04-08 11:51 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)