YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this a good routine?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Kouta
Posted 2007-04-22 6:50 PM (#83947)
Subject: Is this a good routine?

After much reading, i have formulated my routine yoga practice.

My diet: I eat meat in very strict moderation, eat very healthy, and eat in moderation,

First i start off with a prayer to mother kundalini (not always)

Then some stretching and other excersizes mainly to release energy blocks
Side bend
Butterfly
Rock the candle
Half lord of the fish
cobra
Salutation to the sun
and I also do about a hundred pushups and situps a day.

Then I do some more kundalini oriented asana's

Shoulder stand (3m)
Head stand (1m)

Then I do japa meditation

Lam mantra + wisdom mudra + concentration on base chakra + deep breathing (11x)
Ohm mantra + corresponding mudra + concentration on third eye + deep breathing (11x)

Then I do pranayama's (note all of these are augmented with bhandas)

Alternate nostril breathing
Surya bhada
Kumbhaka (10-20x)
Bhastriki

Yep, i think thats all of it. Now who else wants to share their routine? I want to make yours and mine better by having all of us share.

Oh and btw, i've been doing this for a good amount of time now. I've lost track but i believe its been a few months. Only noticeable results i have is this tickling in my coccyx which if i try hard enough, i can control and intensify. It feels really good and i can send it anywhere in my body, particularly along my spine. Could this be prana? I also get a feeling that theirs something stirring in the area between my anus and genitals sometimes. Other than that i get the occassional unexplained numbness in my left foot, which i've read is a symptom of kundalini.

Edited by Kouta 2007-04-22 6:52 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-22 11:00 PM (#83958 - in reply to #83947)
Subject: RE: Is this a good routine?

For me to give any comments, I need to see you while doing it. The routine theoretically looks good, except the last para which there is NO need to share. In fact, it should not be shared with a small amount of experience you have.
Kouta
Posted 2007-04-23 4:16 PM (#84003 - in reply to #83958)

I'm pretty sure i'm doing them right. Most of those excersizes were thought to me by a yoga teacher and I was told I do everything perfectly and am ready for kundalini yoga. I also forgot to mention that i incorporate breathing and mental mantra sat nam to the first excersizes.

Why shoudn't I have shared my progress?
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-23 10:56 PM (#84024 - in reply to #84003)

Kouta - 2007-04-23 4:16 PM

I'm pretty sure i'm doing them right. Most of those excersizes were thought to me by a yoga teacher and I was told I do everything perfectly and am ready for kundalini yoga. I also forgot to mention that i incorporate breathing and mental mantra sat nam to the first excersizes.

Why shoudn't I have shared my progress?

It is NOT a progress and experience in that regard is not sufficient to share. I mean the last para.

As for other things, I said it looks good.

Your post start with study of books, and now you state learning from teacher. I am glad about the second.
bipinjoshi
Posted 2007-04-23 11:45 PM (#84030 - in reply to #83947)

Hello,
Though I would not like to share my practice and experiences I would say that the most important aspect is quality of your practice. As far as KY is concerned in addition to external and visible aspects of your practice equally (or in fact more) important are the internal aspects. Let me give you a simple example, there are many people in this world that perform Nadishodhana Pranayama for 1 hour daily. Their external technique is perfect. However, if you ask them in private about the level of concentration during this practice then most of them will confess that their mind can't be steady during Pranayama. This is just one example. So, one needs to introspect if the practice is heading towards right direction. Another suggestion that I would like to give is forget worrying about when the Kundalini will be awakened. It will happen at the right time. Try to enjoy the practice and bliss that results. If you are having a capable teacher then he will guide you in correct direction. Just follow his instructions.

In KY it is said that ones progress should be shared only with his Guru and God and not with anybody else. Your experiences might mean useless or wrong for others and vice a versa. Only your Guru and God can tell you if you are on right track. It is in this respect that Hatha Yoga Pradipika says :

Hatha Vidya Para Gopya Yoginam Siddhimichitam
Bhavet Viryavati Gupta Nirvirya to Prakasita

(Hatha Vidya must be kept secret if you wish to be accomplished. If kept secret it gives fruits but if exposed to everyone it is rendered fruitless)

Edited by bipinjoshi 2007-04-23 11:50 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)