YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lucid Dreaming and Kundalini
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

strazin
Posted 2007-04-24 11:22 PM (#84115)
Subject: Lucid Dreaming and Kundalini

I recently started experimenting with different forms of meditation on my own. I have been reading books by John Selby -- specifically Kundalini Meditation and Seven Masters One path. I tried his reccommended Kundalini exercises for a few weeks for about one hour each day, and I noticed immediately a difference in my sleep. My dreams became extremely lucid. Or, at least I remembered everything in extreme detail. Previously, I was unaware that I even had dreams.

I am wondering if there is a reason for this new awareness. Also, almost all of my dreams were nightmares, which involved people chasing me or trying to kill me. It was disturbing. Eventually I stopped the Kundalini meditation in favor of a simpler breath awareness meditation which Selby reccommends in Seven Masters. The lucid dreaming stopped as quickly as it came once I ceased the Kundalini meditation. I'm not sure how to interpret all of this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jonnie
Posted 2007-04-25 1:56 AM (#84124 - in reply to #84115)
Subject: RE: Lucid Dreaming and Kundalini

Hi Utsab,

Welcome to the forum.

What you are describing is not actually lucid dreaming (which is the conscious control of your dream state while sleeping) but a conscious memory of your dreams when waking. This has probably been caused by energy shifts created by your meditation practise and the releasing of deep rooted negative emotions. Not very enjoyable while experiencing it, though in the long run, it's an important part of spiritual growth.

As you noticed, changing the practise, changes the results.

This highlights the importance of studying with a qualified Guru or teacher.

Jonathon
bipinjoshi
Posted 2007-04-25 3:43 AM (#84132 - in reply to #84115)
Subject: RE: Lucid Dreaming and Kundali

A common symptom for KY especially when you meditate (or do some other kriyas) on Vishuddhi Chakra. There you have center of sleep and dreams. If you know how to handle that center the same can give you a very deep and relaxing sleep. Normally such dreams stop if your practice is right and as it matures.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-25 8:27 AM (#84150 - in reply to #84115)

strazin - 2007-04-24 11:22 PM

I recently started experimenting with different forms of meditation on my own. I have been reading books by John Selby -- specifically Kundalini Meditation and Seven Masters One path. I tried his reccommended Kundalini exercises for a few weeks for about one hour each day, and I noticed immediately a difference in my sleep. My dreams became extremely lucid. Or, at least I remembered everything in extreme detail. Previously, I was unaware that I even had dreams.

I am wondering if there is a reason for this new awareness. Also, almost all of my dreams were nightmares, which involved people chasing me or trying to kill me. It was disturbing. Eventually I stopped the Kundalini meditation in favor of a simpler breath awareness meditation which Selby reccommends in Seven Masters. The lucid dreaming stopped as quickly as it came once I ceased the Kundalini meditation. I'm not sure how to interpret all of this.

The type of study you are trying to pursue, I mean the topics of your interest and study, need more than few weeks of practice. So, if you are enjoying, continue the practice. The answers shall come after a prolonged practice.
Kouta
Posted 2007-04-25 3:50 PM (#84184 - in reply to #84115)

I've just recalled that i've experienced the same thing when i started kundalini yoga. Now i understand why I got those dreams.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)