YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Binding in One legged Pigeon
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

mishoga
Posted 2007-05-09 5:19 AM (#85647 - in reply to #85367)
Subject: RE: Binding in One legged Pigeon

Expert Yogi

Om, that's the pose I was talking about that is Prapadasana. There are many variations of Prapadasana and that is one (heels together, knees turned out, on toes).
Ot at least that is what I've been taught is Prapadasana. This is asana is called that by Dharma Mittra too.

What are they calling this pose you posted?
http://www.wenasanyoga.com/squat_pose_heel_up
I can't find the name?????

Edited by mishoga 2007-05-09 5:22 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
OrangeMat
Posted 2007-05-09 7:20 AM (#85652 - in reply to #85647)

mishoga - 2007-05-09 5:19 AM Om, that's the pose I was talking about that is Prapadasana. There are many variations of Prapadasana and that is one (heels together, knees turned out, on toes). Ot at least that is what I've been taught is Prapadasana. This is asana is called that by Dharma Mittra too. What are they calling this pose you posted? http://www.wenasanyoga.com/squat_pose_heel_up I can't find the name?????

It's exactly what the link says: Squat Pose Heels Up. Kind of anticlimactic, if you ask me.

Nick
Posted 2007-05-09 8:14 AM (#85659 - in reply to #85439)

Hi Mish,
Looks to me like the back knee needs to go further back-try putting both hands on the floor, just in front of the shoulders-so the arms are not vertical-now pull on your hands-if your posture is good, you should feel equal pressure on both-this means that your legs have to be in the right place, otheriwse, when you pull with your hands, you fall to one side. See the tensegrity thread for a discussion about this.
Look like your right leg need to externally rotate and abduct-this will take the knee further out to the side, and direct the side of the thigh to face the floor. at the moment, any effort to do the pose is limited by that leg being in the wrong place. When you have that right leg in the right place, you can use the leg to help alignment and balance. You do this by pulling the sole of the foot towards the back wall, just like you are doing with your hands-now you have three limbs that are pulling you into good alignment-let's look at the fourth. What I usually do is to turn the foot, pusl the ball of the foot into the floor which lifts the knee, then extend the heel towards the wall behind me (foot dorsiflexion), then put the knee on the floor, then repeat the process. I keep the hips square throughout using bandha-this means that even through the leg is extending backwards, the front of the leg is dragged forwards over the floor-the bandha and the other three limbs are pulling on the back foot, which then becomes a fixed point-so now, when you do the posture, you will hopefully get a sense of all your body parts extending away from the leg-then it becomes possible to try and lift your arms over head or to grab your foot-eventually, maybe.
it may be that for the moment it is too soon to put the side of the front leg on the floor-but you should try to exert a tension which pulls the sit bone down. the action of the front elg should help this-to pull the foot towards you, the hamstrings contract to flex the knee, and the hamstrings then pull on the sit bone, which extends both hips, which then pulls the sit bone closer to the floor. You know you've got it right when you get a stretch on the ront of the left leg or the left hip.
take care
Nick
mishoga
Posted 2007-05-09 8:59 AM (#85668 - in reply to #85652)

Expert Yogi

OrangeMat - 2007-05-09 7:20 AM

mishoga - 2007-05-09 5:19 AM Om, that's the pose I was talking about that is Prapadasana. There are many variations of Prapadasana and that is one (heels together, knees turned out, on toes). Ot at least that is what I've been taught is Prapadasana. This is asana is called that by Dharma Mittra too. What are they calling this pose you posted? http://www.wenasanyoga.com/squat_pose_heel_up I can't find the name?????

It's exactly what the link says: Squat Pose Heels Up. Kind of anticlimactic, if you ask me.

I'm such a dope DOH!!!
DrRevYogi
Posted 2007-05-31 6:32 PM (#88061 - in reply to #85367)
Subject: RE: Binding in One legged Pige

wow
i did that pose today,
just before this forum

i greatly need some work

thanks for the tips

real nice
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum