YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ashtanga in Christchurch, NZ
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

Aotearoa
Posted 2007-05-10 4:26 AM (#85794)
Subject: Ashtanga in Christchurch, NZ

Hi all

I just discovered that in all of Christchurch there seems to be no Ashtanga studio / teacher. I've been searching the net high and low but never found anyone offering it. Just now after finishing class I have my teacher's confirmation that there are indeed no such classes in that area.

Help!! Does anyone of you Kiwis have an idea if private tuition is available? Or even Power Yoga, which I haven't tried out before but am willing to give a go? I'm off to John Scott's Retreat on Sunday and I'd rather not my two-weeks' practice there was for nothing...

~ OM SHANTI ~

Aotearoa

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick
Posted 2007-05-10 10:20 AM (#85839 - in reply to #85794)
Subject: RE: Ashtanga in Christchurch, NZ

Sorry, haven't got a clue-but I have the impression that lots of kiwis are into it, so there must be classes somewhere. Here's one:
http://www.astanga.co.nz/
Nick

Edited by Nick 2007-05-10 10:23 AM
yogatapas
Posted 2008-01-18 10:08 PM (#102178 - in reply to #85794)
Subject: RE: Ashtanga in Christchurch, NZ

Hi there
Guess this is now well past your trip to New Zealand - but may be of interest to you next time you visit New Zealand, or possibly of interest to others. Yoga Tapas in central Christchurch offers power yoga classes daily, as well as some self practice sessions available to experienced Ashtanga students who may be visiting Christchurch. You can link to their website through this site by searching for yoga in Christchurch or visit directly at www.yogatapas.co.nz
Hope thats a help.
Yoga Tapas

Posted 2008-01-20 9:35 AM (#102216 - in reply to #85794)
Subject: RE: Ashtanga in Christchurch,

I believe that Graham and Sue run Yoga Tapas in Christ Church, and formerly ran a place in Nelson as well, currently run by Rod Watson from Manchester, England.

I think that G and S are great. I met them while i was there last April and May and found them to be nice people and competent teachers.

John Scott's place is also very nice, though i didn't take a class with him and only met him briefly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)