YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twirl & Hip Soreness
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

RussellK
Posted 2007-05-18 11:18 AM (#86628)
Subject: Twirl & Hip Soreness

I do the 5 Tibetans as part of my morning practice. Apparently as a child I never learned how to twirl. Initially I planted my right foot and pivoted on it but my partner pointed out she had never seen a twirl style quite like that. I have been trying to twirl by moving both feet sequentially in the right direction but find I must be putting torque on my right hip. I've developed a soreness on the right hip. I've tried different techniques like leading with my chest , adjusting speed etc but nothing works. I really don't want to abandon this but the soreness is affecting too many other things to ignore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-05-18 7:38 PM (#86698 - in reply to #86628)
Subject: RE: Twirl & Hip Soreness

Expert Yogi

Maybe find a dance teacher?

Posted 2007-05-18 9:37 PM (#86712 - in reply to #86628)

While it reduces the efficacy of the Tibetan Rites a bit it is not all that uncommon to oscilate like a fan blade back and forth instead of spinning. The Tibetans spin the chakras thus activating them. This should give you the most effect with no strain on your hips. I do them this way because I still get nausea from the full spinning.

Edited by purnayoga 2007-05-18 9:38 PM
RussellK
Posted 2007-05-24 12:51 PM (#87197 - in reply to #86712)

purnayoga- Thank you for your suggestion. I am happy to report that your suggestion is working and the soreness is gone. Your fan visual was easily understood, but my spouse thought I looked more like a 400 day clock.
AKBrooker1
Posted 2007-05-27 5:55 PM (#87513 - in reply to #86628)

Russellk, I have been doing the Rites daily now for four months. Because I am away from home my routine has been to do them at the halfway point of an early morning bike ride, on a grassy knoll overlooking a lake. Partly because I am on an uneven surface and partly because I am wearing my cleated bike shoes, I have slightly altered my 21 spins. Key to it for me is that it is not a twirl but a spin and I take more steps--at a slighter angle--than when I am barefoot and on a smooth surface. I paid particular attention to my spins this morning and I truly felt no sensation in my hips. If you choose to try spinning again, I hope this helps. Rick

Posted 2007-05-28 12:25 AM (#87542 - in reply to #86628)

You are welcome Russell.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)