YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stress
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

YogaBurn
Posted 2007-05-23 10:13 AM (#87071)
Subject: Stress

I feel alot less stressed out about little things. Housework used to weigh on my mind daily even if it was no big deal. I hated a small pile of laundry and it would get to me. Now I just weight till it really needs to be done and then I do it. I don't worrie about things like I used to. Some of me says it's because I am finally doing soemthing for ME and part of me nows its the Yoga meditation and relaxation that is helping me. I love Yoga it's like a drug for your soul. The more you do it the more you want to and the better you feel. I have gained so much strength and balance that I never had before. Watching yourself learn and progress is the most rewarding part of Yoga. If you think you can you can and as a beginer 4 months ago my poses and balance are part of my life. I love learining new things and pushing myself farther each time. I hope everyone gets the most out of yoga but if you let it you will gain wellbeing inside.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dmbones
Posted 2007-05-23 10:39 AM (#87078 - in reply to #87071)
Subject: RE: Stress

Greetings Joni,

Welcome! Thank you for sharing what you are experiencing from your practice. When we finally come to see the richness of each breath, no moment need any longer be dull or mundane. Best of everything to you.

Michael
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-05-23 1:30 PM (#87098 - in reply to #87071)

Very Good Sir, I mean YogaBum
alice8cake
Posted 2007-10-11 7:07 AM (#97684 - in reply to #87071)

Hi Yogaburn your post made me smile inside as over the last year of doing yoga i have had the same experience and what you say about it being a 'drug for the soul'-so true!During relaxation at the end of my yoga i take myself to the playa (the site of the Burning Man festival where i went last year) in the nevada desert- im lying on my back on the warm ground and the sun is high above me in the sky and i just feel happy.content.as though i have everything i need right there in that one feeling. Yoga is the only way i can get to this place so i crave it like a drug and really look forward to my yoga sessions.
I know what you mean about doing things for yourself as well, its so easy to get caught up in the every day relentlessness of life, without stopping to take time out for you.As well as my yoga i have also started going to a spa called Waterfall Spa in Leeds every month too-Its a ladies only spa so its nice and clean and much more relaxed than a mixed one.
I lay in the aromatherapy steam room and do my yoga breathing exercises- i find going somewhere specifically to relax for the whole day really helps me to calm my mind and not get distracted by other things. Plus the steam room and sauna are great for getting all those toxins out of my body and massage also helps get the knots of tension out of my back.
Dunno if you live near Leeds but you should try it http://www.waterfallspa.co.uk/healthspas.php If not i would definitely recommend looking up a spa in your area to compliment the progress you have already made with your yoga : )

Namaste x
ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-08-11 10:18 PM (#211637 - in reply to #87071)
Subject: Re: Stress

Veteran

Stress if not treat correctly it may leads to depression, cancer and even death.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)