YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meditation Technique
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Musa
Posted 2007-06-10 11:14 AM (#89082)
Subject: Meditation Technique

I just came up with a meditation technique. It's so cool it gives immediate relief from anything that's bugging you. Just think about the situation that's bugging you and add it shimmering lovely white light and make the situation brighter and brighter. If you know NLP they ask you to make the image darker and darker but it's just covering your emotions and you must be feeling that way either. What you have to do is adding shimmering light so you can integrate it, accept it and feel everything about it so that every annoying emotion gets resolved. Just try it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-10 6:08 PM (#89109 - in reply to #89082)
Subject: RE: Meditation Technique

What an interesting idea!!!!!!!!!!!
nicsan
Posted 2007-06-19 2:11 AM (#89709 - in reply to #89082)

I am sharing my favorite meditation technique on my personal web site...check it out at my site

any feedback is much appreciated!

thanks
Booget
Posted 2007-07-18 11:55 AM (#91765 - in reply to #89082)

that's quite interesting. i'm going to my second meditation class tonight. i'm having a hard time ignoring sounds around me.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-18 1:46 PM (#91772 - in reply to #91765)

Definitely, express this to your particular class teacher.

Booget - 2007-07-18 11:55 AM

that's quite interesting. i'm going to my second meditation class tonight. i'm having a hard time ignoring sounds around me.
roypotter
Posted 2011-06-14 8:23 AM (#208622 - in reply to #89709)

Regular

I really enjoyed and liked your meditation technique. Keep introducing such techniques and keep posting. Thanks a lot.
alvinsmith
Posted 2011-12-16 5:28 AM (#209628 - in reply to #89082)

Musa - 2007-06-10 11:14 AM

I just came up with a meditation technique. It's so cool it gives immediate relief from anything that's bugging you. Just think about the situation that's bugging you and add it shimmering lovely white light and make the situation brighter and brighter. If you know NLP they ask you to make the image darker and darker but it's just covering your emotions and you must be feeling that way either. What you have to do is adding shimmering light so you can integrate it, accept it and feel everything about it so that every annoying emotion gets resolved. Just try it.

Meditation can help you overcome pessimism and enable you to find inner peace. Benefits of meditation include the following: decreased heart rate, lower metabolic rate, and relieve stress on the heart; lowered cortisol levels as well as lactate (the 2 chemicals related to stress); reduce free radicals (unstable oxygen molecules which damage tissues); lower blood pressure; lower cholesterol levels; better air flow into your lungs which makes breathing easier; and overall inner peace.

In order to start how to meditate properly, find a quiet place to meditate. Make sure this place is free from distraction. No loud children, no pets, and others that may interrupt you.

Sit in a position that is comfortable. However, make sure that you are in cross legs position. It’s vital to maintain your straight back. Slowly close your eyes. Focus on your breathing. Clear your mind of any thoughts. Concentration is vital if you want to learn how to meditate properly. Breathe only through your nostrils. Feel your breath as you inhale and exhale. Any distracting thought will gradually go away.
rosealfanso
Posted 2012-04-27 7:22 AM (#210428 - in reply to #89082)
Subject: Re: Meditation Technique

New User

Burning an incense while meditating is also a nice way to improve concentration and focus. The presence of incense creates a favorable atmosphere which calms the mind and makes it suitable for enjoying the meditative experience.
jpg
Posted 2012-04-30 12:36 PM (#210430 - in reply to #210428)

Breathing the smoke from incense is the same as smoking. It is bad for your sinuses, bronchial tubes and lungs.

ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-04-09 11:17 PM (#211399 - in reply to #89082)

Veteran

Therefore, if your mind is continually thinking negative thoughts or bombarded with sadness, your body responds to these thoughts and you begin to act just how your mind is telling you to act, which is where Mind Healing comes in.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)