YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Effects of Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Kaye Wind
Posted 2007-07-18 4:50 PM (#91808)
Subject: Effects of Yoga

In Fiji there are not many people that teach yoga, I have been teaching Hatha Yoga for the past 2yrs and most of my information has come from the internet or books. I did a 3 day workshop during my introduction to Yoga, 3years ago and and have been teaching a small class. I find Yoga.Com the most informative website and love all the articles. The Sequecing of Asanas article has been espeically helpful.
I need help with one of the students - she has complained that everytime that she does a Yoga session with us she get diarrhoea. She seeked medical advice but tablets given to her didnot not work. She has had to go to a Indian Preist who tired a string aournd her big toe and made her pull it. Only than did her diarrhoea stop.
Can anyone let me know why this is happening?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-07-18 9:34 PM (#91826 - in reply to #91808)
Subject: RE: Effects of Yoga

I would have no way of knowing. I am not working with the student, do not see the student, and do not have enough information to make any determination beyond a guess.

Yoga has a great many effects and sadly, due to its popularity, people are practicing yoga without knowing anything about the effects in the body or mind. They are just doing it becasue their friend is doing it. Likewise that which results from the practice comes from so many variable things; the student's background, wellness, gender, age, size, the nature of the practice, its pace, its sequences, the lifestyle of the student, nutrition, meditation, pranayama, medications, supplements, and so on.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-18 11:02 PM (#91828 - in reply to #91808)
Subject: RE: Effects of Yoga

Why not ask the priest?

Kaye Wind - 2007-07-18 4:50 PM

In Fiji there are not many people that teach yoga, I have been teaching Hatha Yoga for the past 2yrs and most of my information has come from the internet or books. I did a 3 day workshop during my introduction to Yoga, 3years ago and and have been teaching a small class. I find Yoga.Com the most informative website and love all the articles. The Sequecing of Asanas article has been espeically helpful.
I need help with one of the students - she has complained that everytime that she does a Yoga session with us she get diarrhoea. She seeked medical advice but tablets given to her didnot not work. She has had to go to a Indian Preist who tired a string aournd her big toe and made her pull it. Only than did her diarrhoea stop.
Can anyone let me know why this is happening?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)