YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Advice-Yoga Instructors
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Bernadette
Posted 2007-07-20 12:35 PM (#92026)
Subject: Need Advice-Yoga Instructors

I posted a message yesterday to any one who may own a yoga studio, but have received no reply. So, I would like to ask another question to any yoga instructor. I will be taking my TTC in October and have been practicing for over 5 years now. Yoga has now become my passion. I am trying to decide to either open my own studio or just work as in independent contractor. I am trying to weigh out the pros and cons.

I would like to know if working full time as an independent contractor is lucrative? Meaning, can you make a decent living. I have been int he corporate world for over 20 years and it's not me any longer. I am reading all different types of pay scale, but would like to hear from yoga instructors themselves.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

"Yoga is a life of self-discipline. Yoga balances, harmonizes, purifies and strengthens the body, mind and soul. It shows the way to perfect health, perfect mind control and perfect peace with one's own Self, the world, nature and God"

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-07-20 12:56 PM (#92028 - in reply to #92026)
Subject: RE: Need Advice-Yoga Instructors

Making a primary income teaching Yoga is very difficult for many people since you can only teach so many classes each week before you burn out. Some people can teach 10 classes a week, but most cannot do so for an extended period of time. Studio owners need to make an investment and then have enough capital to keep the business going and live until it starts paying off (maybe a year?). At that point they can make anywhere from a moderate income to a comfortable income. Some perople are able to make large sums of money, but they are usually the exception. Many studios make more money with teacher training than with classes. If you have 30 students taking your 2-4 week teacher training at $2,500 each, you have $75K income with very little cost (since your regular classes are already covering your overhead). The biggest question is how many people can you attract and how many of them will keep coming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)