YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting back into practise
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-03 9:00 AM (#93387)
Subject: Getting back into practise

As some know, I fractured my coccyx a while ago.

I am now 4 weeks into the 6 I was told it would take to heal (or there abouts).

I have not been doing any asana work for some time now as I also had weeks of viral laryngitis before this accident.

Could someone help me put together a getting back to full (mainly Iyengar) paractise please?

I plan to restart doing my warm-up routine of the Sivananda anti-rheumatic series part of Pawanmaktasana this weekend but haven't worked out where to go from there.

Thanks,

Fee
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-08-03 10:01 AM (#93391 - in reply to #93387)
Subject: RE: Getting back into practise

I can help only if I am able to see you.

Orbilia - 2007-08-03 9:00 AM

As some know, I fractured my coccyx a while ago.

I am now 4 weeks into the 6 I was told it would take to heal (or there abouts).

I have not been doing any asana work for some time now as I also had weeks of viral laryngitis before this accident.

Could someone help me put together a getting back to full (mainly Iyengar) paractise please?

I plan to restart doing my warm-up routine of the Sivananda anti-rheumatic series part of Pawanmaktasana this weekend but haven't worked out where to go from there.

Thanks,

Fee
tourist
Posted 2007-08-03 10:23 AM (#93394 - in reply to #93387)

Expert Yogi

Fee - how are you feeling? That is most important. I have been easing back in by thinking of poses that I believe would be safe and feel good and just trying them. I did spend a lot of time trying poses and saying, "no, clearly not ready for THIS!" And I was surprised that the poses I most craved or would have suggested to a student were ruled out very quickly, so I would hesitate to give suggestions. I also found I thought I felt ok at 4 weeks and now that I am at 6 weeks (today!) there are subtle improvements that have made a world of difference. Good luck! How's the water?
Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-03 11:35 AM (#93410 - in reply to #93394)

Cyndi,
I'm glad that you're starting to feel more like yourself now as you've been through a lot.

I'm feeling a lot better and can walk normally now rather than like a drunken sailor with a bottle of rum stuffed down his trousers

I can also sit back now though I'm still using my cushion at work - see, I can be sensible some times!

I know enough to know I should listen to my body, it's just that I've stiffened up to such an extent that I know it's not simply a case of avoiding anything involving potential pressure on my tail. I guess what I'm saying is that, physically, I'm a beginner again and have forgotten how to be one!? I think I'm really just seeking some guidance over how much to practise, when to step this up and a basic set of postures to try that would give me a good overall stretch. I'm thinking virasana, extended child, D-f dog, triangle, an a supine twist to begin with?

The water is fine now I think. I don't know if any of the local rivers are still being monitored but we've had several dryish days now and there's hot, humid weather forecast. I think there are still folk cut-off from fresh water but the numbers are dropping every day. Power will take longer as affected homes have likely fused.

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2007-08-03 11:43 AM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-04 10:25 AM (#93470 - in reply to #93387)

Fee, I'm glad to hear you're making progress with your healing. I'm also glad to hear you'll be taking it slow and listening to your body. Take care of yourself, and watch the sidewalk, Shelly
Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-06 5:16 AM (#93558 - in reply to #93470)

Thanks Shelly :-)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)