YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intro- Structural Yoga Therapy
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

thedharmahouse
Posted 2007-08-15 4:49 AM (#94152)
Subject: Intro- Structural Yoga Therapy

Introduction to Structural Yoga Therapy with Anne Soulet

14th - 16th September 2007

French and English

Structural Yoga Therapy is a way of using yoga to heal the body, mind and spirit. It focuses on understanding your own body's needs and applying practices that nurture (rather than contradict) those needs, in order to optimize health and healing. The basis of Structural Yoga Therapy is to understand the body's imbalances, and develop a yoga program suitable to each individual. Contraindications will also be explored for various ailments and body types following basic principles of Ayurveda.

This retreat is suitable for practitioners at any level of experience, including beginners.

Plan to arrive for registration between 4pm and 7pm on the 14th and depart after 6:30pm on the 16th.

Cost (includes 3 vegetarian meals a day):

€120 indoors / €100 camping + Dana

For more information about the retreat and booking, please visit our website at http://www.thedharmahouse.com

The Dharmahouse is a non-profit ecological Buddhist retreat centre in southern France, welcoming visitors and offering courses in Meditation, Yoga, Permaculture, Deep Ecology, and Alternative Energy. It is our aim to explore a way of life centred around ecological and sustainable ethics, placing an emphasis on integrating mindful awareness into daily activities. The Dharmahouse is based in the foothills of the Cévennes mountain range overlooking the Cèze River in the south of France, surrounded by national park and majestic views. The property is located on a hilltop in eight acres of farm land encompassing a variety of plants, herbs and trees. The centre is active in growing food in our gardens and structuring the land with permacultural ideas and designs.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-15 9:12 AM (#94166 - in reply to #94152)
Subject: RE: Intro- Structural Yoga Therapy

Nice view.

Posted 2007-08-15 2:37 PM (#94206 - in reply to #94152)
Subject: RE: Intro- Structural Yoga The

very cool.

this is what i do in my classes and private lessons, and also what i teach my teachers. but, i've never sat down to describe it so well. Good job with that!
ankali
Posted 2007-08-18 11:33 AM (#94376 - in reply to #94152)
Subject: RE: Intro- Structural Yoga The

Cruel dilemna for me as Sarah Powers is going to have a workshop at my local studio on that same weekend.
But as I'm planning to become a yoga teacher in the future, I think the dharma house's workshop should be very beneficial.
Plus I've just come back from a weekend nearby and it was sooo lovely (swimming in the river, gazing at the stars at night ) that it's really tempting to be in the area again !
thedharmahouse
Posted 2007-08-18 12:07 PM (#94380 - in reply to #94152)

Hey, thanks for the replies!

The view is certainly nice here. And the river is nearby too! We've got a Sivananda yoga retreat going on at the moment. Everyone's out on the veranda doing their stretching.

Take care everyone!

mai
Posted 2008-02-06 12:45 AM (#102938 - in reply to #94152)

Hi!

Don't know if this's right place to ask, but still...

I'm looking for Russian Edition of "Structural Yoga Therapy: Adapting to the Individual" by Mukunda Stiles. I've checked the bookstore here, which redirects me here, but wasn't able to find Russian Edition in the catalog. Sent them a letter, but they never answered. Please, can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance!
mai
Posted 2008-02-06 1:28 AM (#102939 - in reply to #94152)

//mailto: mai<at>academ<dot>org
thedharmahouse
Posted 2008-02-27 1:35 AM (#104020 - in reply to #94152)

Hello everyone,

Just thought we'd let everyone know we are having another Introduction to Structural Yoga Therapy retreat this year, from 8th - 12th May 2008. This retreat will be led in English and French.

Cost (includes 3 vegetarian meals a day):

€200 indoors / €180 camping (concessionary rate: €150 camping)

Please see our website, http://www.thedharmahouse.com for more details!

Thanks!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)