YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

massage clean up
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2007-08-16 9:38 AM (#94246)
Subject: massage clean up

I do the full body massage in the morning whenre I use quite a bit of oil. I am concerned about this clogging the drain, is there any natural stuff that is suggested to be put in the drain so there is not a buildup on the pipes?
thanks
seeker
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-16 9:51 AM (#94249 - in reply to #94246)
Subject: RE: massage clean up

Hi Tubeseeker, I think it's equally important that your skin is absorbing the oil, and so really you shouldn't use anything on it that you wouldn't be willing to eat. I like to use olive oil, but some people don't appreciate the smell. Almond oil is also very nice, with a very light smell.
Neither one will mess with your drain, Shelly
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-18 2:16 PM (#94393 - in reply to #94249)

bstqltmkr - 2007-08-17 5:51 PM

Hi Tubeseeker, I think it's equally important that your skin is absorbing the oil, and so really you shouldn't use anything on it that you wouldn't be willing to eat.

That's excellent advice Shelly.

All I would add is to maybe reduce the amount of oil. If you are having to wash it off then you are using too much.

Jonathon
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-08-18 8:14 PM (#94406 - in reply to #94246)

The type of oil that I am using is coconut, sunflower, or sesame. It does seem to leave a residue on the bath tub as well. Do you use any type of oil warmer. I am trying to figure out a good system for warming it and then applying it, right now using a small cup, is a little frustrating, grab the cup, pour in your hand, put it on, put the cup down, massage some more, pick up the cup, pour it in hand............................ any suggestions on the application of it? thanks
seeker
BTW a great benefit of it is I no longer have to use hair gel and put those chemicals in my hair. I have always had thick hair that gets very puffy, the oil massage in the morning has helped that a lot and my hair is nice and shiny. Depending on the oil makes a difference if my hair looks lighter or darker, darker with coconut, lighter with sunflower.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-19 9:55 AM (#94430 - in reply to #94246)

Baking soda should be able to clean it up nicely. Thats what I use on my tub, or even my grubby cooking pans.

Sorry I have no advise for heating the oil, I usually just rub it in my hands.
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-19 12:17 PM (#94446 - in reply to #94246)

If you are in to microwaves (I'm not) then you can nuke the oil for ten seconds to warm it, though personally I would just use your hands or apply it cold.

Regarding the oil application, why not put the oil in a plant sprayer and apply it body builder style or fill an empty sun screen spray dispenser...

Jonathon
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-08-19 4:23 PM (#94459 - in reply to #94246)

thanks for the suggestions, to me a microwave would kind of defeat the purpose, but that is just my opinion, currently I am using a candle underneath the glass, I will try the baking soday, thanks for the help
seeker

Posted 2007-08-19 6:25 PM (#94462 - in reply to #94246)

the oil used should complement your constitution (Dosha).
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-08-21 6:11 PM (#94648 - in reply to #94246)

finding out my dosha is not easy, I am trying to find someone who can assist me in this. Last night I went to a new class and the instructor, who says he has studied ayurvedia, says I am vata pita, currently I am using oils for pita dosha but vata says, according to what I have read, that all oils are ok. finding reliable information to go off of is the hard part though
ikeaboy78
Posted 2007-09-17 12:32 PM (#96399 - in reply to #94246)

Hey, I like everyone elses tips, but I have something else clever to add. When I give massages, I have not one but TWO bottles on my hip. One with the lotion(or oil in your case) and another one with WATER. Our dry skin absorbs the moisture in the oil, which is why we need to reapply the oil. So, what I do is apply the lotion/oil, then instead of reapplying to the same part of the body, I use the water bottle instead.
tourist
Posted 2007-09-17 6:49 PM (#96417 - in reply to #96399)

Expert Yogi

Welcome Steven - I like your screen name I imagine you have to warm the water a bit? Even room temp water feels cold directly on the body.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-09-17 10:20 PM (#96422 - in reply to #96417)

Expert Yogi

Tubeseeker,

About clogging your drains and such...When I'm making my beeswax candles and sometimes I make soy too, which is lighter than beeswax, I have to be very careful about not letting it drip down the drain. It's pretty freaky to think about how much damage this can cause. I knew a beekeeper that did this and had to pay thousands of dollars for new plumbing.

Sooo, I run very hot water to melt even the tiniest bit of wax that sometimes gets attached to the sink. Baking soda is good for bathtubs and scrubbing sinks down. But first, I always run HOT water to melt everything down. Otherwise, if you add baking soda to oil without the heat...its just another mess to endure.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)