YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

self back massage
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

tabula_rasa
Posted 2007-08-24 12:13 AM (#94900)
Subject: self back massage

Sadly I have no significant other to provide me with some free massage or no budget to get myself some professional one. I did some search, with suggestions of others on this site, and turned up with massaging your back by lying on some tennis balls or some stirofoam noodles. Any other suggestions, in a mean while I'm looking to buy some balls?

Edited by tabula_rasa 2007-08-24 12:17 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ikeaboy78
Posted 2007-09-17 12:25 PM (#96397 - in reply to #94900)
Subject: RE: self back massage

Hey, Im surprised no one has gotten back to you yet. The BEST thing you can do for yourself is to buy something like a "theracane". there are three different products like it out there, and they are all pretty much equally good. i wont recommend any website(this is my first post here, and I have to see if others do that first..)

Anyway, good luck.
okidoll
Posted 2007-09-25 1:30 AM (#96858 - in reply to #94900)

I'd love to have something too. I use a giant massager, but it is really hard for me to hold on my back. I usually end up putting it in a chair or against pillows and sitting against it (which can be dangerous if you aren't careful as I burned or pinched myself and it left a scar). I have a Homedics that I got from Wal Mart.

I have a friend who swears by the tennis balls. He has them on a string or rope.

I did a search on "theracane" - www.theracane.com. I don't think that will help me as my pain and muscle spasms are really deep and I have a lot of "padding"

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-25 7:02 AM (#96863 - in reply to #94900)

I suggest buying NOTHING and taking up some exercise that shall do better job than massage for sure.

tabula_rasa - 2007-08-24 12:13 AM

Sadly I have no significant other to provide me with some free massage or no budget to get myself some professional one. I did some search, with suggestions of others on this site, and turned up with massaging your back by lying on some tennis balls or some stirofoam noodles. Any other suggestions, in a mean while I'm looking to buy some balls?
massagelondon
Posted 2007-10-24 7:33 AM (#98525 - in reply to #94900)
Subject: http://massagelondon.org thai

you can enroll on a short massage course - you will meet people to exchange treatments during the course and after.

massage schools do look for the models during classes - the treatment maybe won't be the highest quality - but free. Some schools offer as well cheap treatments done by the newly qualified therapists.

Posted 2007-11-28 4:09 PM (#99999 - in reply to #94900)
Subject: Clinics and sone-to-graduate

These two resources, asuming there are some massage schools in your area, are a good way to get a massage without paying "ful price". Of course the axiom "you get what you pay for" is also often true.

davemara
Posted 2008-11-28 8:26 PM (#112151 - in reply to #94900)
Subject: Re: self back massage

Maybe you can barter your services for a massage? Just be careful of weirdos.
naruk2495
Posted 2011-12-08 1:00 AM (#209559 - in reply to #94900)

New User

Tennis ball, golf ball, ball yamuna brand, or buy the homedics chair massage. That was I do every day.

Edited by naruk2495 2011-12-08 1:22 AM
kedar
Posted 2011-12-17 12:07 PM (#209651 - in reply to #94900)

Massage is an alternate therapy. Yoga has nothing to do with massage. Please understand this is yoga forum.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)