YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divine light right between you
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

mohitkumar
Posted 2007-08-24 6:19 AM (#94914)
Subject: Divine light right between you

Let me share my wonderful experience with you. Couple of days back when I was doing my regular yoga and pranayama session early morning I had a strange fealing inside and moments later I saw big flash of light right between my eyes. The light appeared as a spot first and then kept bigger and bigger. It took the shape of any eye with a black spot in center.

I realy enjoyed this fealing and since then when ever I am able to meditate while doing Anuloma Viloma pranayama this divine light appears.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
shalamOM
Posted 2007-08-24 11:29 PM (#94990 - in reply to #94914)
Subject: RE: Divine light right between you

That does sound wonderful. Could this be your third eye becoming more active?

I once saw my whole body become bright red and then it faded and just a red dot was where my third eye is. Strange experience. I also once saw my entire body become light and I floated up almost out of my head until I got scared and the whole experience came to an abrupt end.

Enjoy the discovery and keep us posted on any new spiritual developments. It sounds like the alternate nostril breathing is causing both ida and pingala to be balanced and so sushumna currents have risen opening up the third eye chakra. Cool.
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-08-25 3:37 AM (#95003 - in reply to #94914)
Subject: RE: Divine light right between

Only once have I seen light so far in meditation and that was ten years ago when I did it one day on a whim, never had I tried to meditate before and I had not had any instruction in it, but after that day I always knew one day I would be ready to return. It was a blue light, very cool color.

in the past couple of months I have integrated medition regularly and in the past week I have experienced a couple times lately where in my meditation I am backing away, I feel the objects that are 5 feet away become progressively further away. I see these objects in my mind but these are the actual surroundings I am actually in at the moment. Kind of weird and I dont know much of what to think of it, but it is kind of cool

Edited by tubeseeker 2007-08-25 3:41 AM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-08-25 11:02 AM (#95009 - in reply to #94914)

Please keep us posted on this topic as you continue this practice. Divine light is not what one sees between the eyes. Yes, there is a light between the eyes and it is also wonderful. But, that is not divine light. Divine Light is a term used for Enlightenment which is more like a knowledge opening in a realization sense.

Namaste

mohitkumar - 2007-08-24 6:19 AM

Let me share my wonderful experience with you. Couple of days back when I was doing my regular yoga and pranayama session early morning I had a strange fealing inside and moments later I saw big flash of light right between my eyes. The light appeared as a spot first and then kept bigger and bigger. It took the shape of any eye with a black spot in center.

I realy enjoyed this fealing and since then when ever I am able to meditate while doing Anuloma Viloma pranayama this divine light appears.
raquel
Posted 2007-08-25 11:21 AM (#95011 - in reply to #94914)

It sounds wonderful,however what does it mean? One of my friends who meditated via chanting said she was dazzled by images and colours and she believed it was god talking to her.
I read somewere that a student of Zen was practicing meditation, when he suddenly saw a great white light with the buddha behind it. He told his master who said "thats nice, if you concentrate on your breathing it will go away". How important is this phenomina and does it progress our inner development, is it a sign that we are progressing or is it a trap?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)