YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kirtan
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Hector
Posted 2007-09-02 9:19 AM (#95521)
Subject: Kirtan

I attended my first Kirtan last night and was very impressed! One of my teachers conducts these twice a month and I plan to attend more in the future. The mantras are in Sanskrit and we use a different one every week in class that relates to the theme of our practice that night. I realized in class that if I know the mantra and chant along, the connection is much deeper. I felt this was an excellent opportunity to expand on this and I believe it will help. I researched this when I got home last night and learned much more.

My question after research is this. It was mentioned to pick a mantra that related to you current situation in life and chant that particular mantra for 40 days to reap the full benefit. Can anyone expand on this and give me a better understanding?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-02 10:47 PM (#95539 - in reply to #95521)
Subject: RE: Kirtan

Dear Hector: The best thing to do is to address this question to the teacher who made that statement. That way you shall get exactly what they wanted to say.

Hector - 2007-09-02 9:19 AM
My question after research is this. It was mentioned to pick a mantra that related to you current situation in life and chant that particular mantra for 40 days to reap the full benefit. Can anyone expand on this and give me a better understanding?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)