YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Accredited and certified Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

Heike
Posted 2007-09-10 8:25 AM (#96005)
Subject: Accredited and certified Yoga

Hi,

I would like to become an accredited and certified Yoga teacher to be able to teach worldwide (private and in health clubs).

What qualification do I need to get and how?

I understand there are Yoga courses in India for 4 weeks but are they accredited to teach worldwide? The courses I found all last long (about 2years)? and cost quite a lot of money.

Thanks!

Love and light
Heike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-10 9:06 AM (#96007 - in reply to #96005)
Subject: RE: Accredited and certified Yoga

Dear Heike:
I shall give you a very good suggestion in this matter. What you do is:

- List the Health Clubs you will like to teach at, as an example. Say 10 different ones.

- Then ask the Yoga Class manager of those clubs what qualifications they would like from a Yoga Teacher if they want to hire one.

- That shall give you real answer. Otherwise, everyone is accredited in the field of Yoga!

If you need personal help, PM me. Some of my students are the managers of such clubs. I do not teach there.

Heike - 2007-09-10 8:25 AM

Hi,

I would like to become an accredited and certified Yoga teacher to be able to teach worldwide (private and in health clubs).

What qualification do I need to get and how?

I understand there are Yoga courses in India for 4 weeks but are they accredited to teach worldwide? The courses I found all last long (about 2years)? and cost quite a lot of money.

Thanks!

Love and light
Heike
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2007-09-11 4:09 PM (#96086 - in reply to #96005)
Subject: RE: Accredited and certified Yoga

There are lots of different ways to get a beginning yoga certification. The previous suggestion was a good one. I took Sivananda teachers' training. It was 5 wks. residential. There are several places all over the world. It was very reasonably priced. Also the Satchidananda ashram in Virginia, USA has a teachers' training. In the US many of the courses carry Yoga Alliance certification which is widely accepted. I also knew of British Wheel of Yoga certification, but don't know what's happening with that currently.

You could also ask yoga teachers you respect how & where they did it, and would they do the same today.

The Sivananda training was good, especially the practice teaching, very basic, but also very intense.

Are you attracted to a particular style of yoga? Then perhaps you should look for teacher trainings in that style.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)