YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little update.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Isola
Posted 2007-09-15 6:46 PM (#96319)
Subject: A little update.

Hi everyone

Haven't written much here lately, been kinda busy being pissed off at my foot. My foot is almost completly fine now, though. It still hurts when I go down staris, but other than that it works ok.

I've been doing some "normal" asana practice during the past week, not as many standing poses as usual, but I've been challenging the foot quite a bit and it has held up fine.

I have realised alot during these past weeks. For instance; I've lost several pounds because I lost my appetite after a couple of weeks of missing my normal asana practice. I've been doing what I can, but my body seems to need the stamina bit too, and it's hard to get the prana flowing and the heart pumping with only one foot. I hope that my appetite will return now that my practice is getting back to normal, I don't like the feeling of weakness that I get when I don't eat properly.

Another thing I realised is just how much the asanas are to thank for the fact that the pain in my neck/back/hips is so much less severe now than it was 9 months ago. I've been doing what I can to keep my shoulders and hips open, and I think it has helped, but I realised in just the short week that I've been practicing as usual that it wasn't enough, not by a long shot.

A third thing I realised is how important the asana part of yoga is for my sleep. My body need to burn out all the pain and stored up "crap" that it gathers during the day, otherwise I can't sleep.

I hope to have my appetite, my sleep and my painless body back soon. I really miss it.

Namaste.

/Jenny

PS: Some thing seem to have improved during this "break", though. My breathing is better, I feel more flexible in the spine and I have better balance. So it wasn't all bad. DS
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-09-15 8:59 PM (#96321 - in reply to #96319)
Subject: RE: A little update.

Expert Yogi

Glad your foot is better, Jenny! Isn't it amazing what happens both while doing an asana practice and while not doing it?
jonnie
Posted 2007-09-16 12:36 AM (#96326 - in reply to #96319)
Subject: RE: A little update.

Hi Jenny,

Welcome back. I'm happy you're healing well.

Jonathon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)