YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I got an idea
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-18 8:40 AM (#96432)
Subject: I got an idea

This may not make any sense. But, I got the idea anyway. In today's world, there is always some kind of promotion going on. Whether it is a self promotion, or a promotion of your friend/employer/relative/teacher, or your ideas/belief-system/convictions/etc., there is some promotion going on.

Sometimes, this promotion is done inconspicuously such as in my own case, my website at the bottom of the postings.

Sometimes, it is done as a part of response to a query or discussion, which may be very genuine expression. For example, someone has a query regarding Chanting on Shree Gayatri Mantram, it is not necessary always that I avoid stating a product I created in that direction. In fact, it is best to do so, because I know that product meets the persons query. I mean, if it really does so.

Sometimes, there is a direct promotion, which is NOT a response to a discussion, but some thing like: Now a days lot of people are under stress, so go to www.xxx.yyy and you shall find a solution. ETC.

What I am proposing is:

We should have one thread called "Promotional Material" and it should contain ads or promotions which are not direct part of current discussions. That is pure promotions. Or, we should call this thread "Pure Promotions" and let the entries stay for a certain period of time. There may be some readers who are interested in knowing these promotions.

Only an idea!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-09-18 9:55 AM (#96441 - in reply to #96432)
Subject: RE: I got an idea

ideas are dangerous neel, very dangerous.

my idea was a yoga forum meet up at an affordable retreat center.

Posted 2007-09-18 11:32 AM (#96450 - in reply to #96432)

The idea is fine however the implementation and useage, in my opinion, would open the floodgates.
I don't think inviting such a thing would be a sound idea as it places discrimination and discretion at the hands of the promoters. Then, once the promotion section is filled, said promoters would want to post "elsewhere" on the board so they could get an edge on the competition.

As it is, the intentions of promotion here on the board seem quite well mannered, with the occasional freak outside the corral.

It is not so much the promotion as it is the intention. If you, Neel, are posting a link to the mantra that someone has inquired about, that, to me is perfectly fine. If you are just haphazzardly posting info about this and that all over with no real connection to the collective, that is not so okay.
jonnie
Posted 2007-09-19 2:57 AM (#96487 - in reply to #96432)

Yes, I agree with Gordon.

It's a great idea though it relies on the integrity of the poster to be successful.

While I always try to see the best in people, the majority of our spammers do seem a little short on the integrity front with their multiple posts in multiple sections.

Most posts are also unrelated to Yoga.

Jonathon
Phil
Posted 2007-09-19 8:18 AM (#96494 - in reply to #96432)

I feel that if your promoting something for personal glory or just for the financial profit your in very dangerous Water.

But if you just have someones best interests at heart then how can anyone have a problem with that?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)