YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intro from a newbie in Georgia
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

southernyogi
Posted 2007-09-26 9:29 AM (#96954)
Subject: Intro from a newbie in Georgia

Not sure if it is okay to post an introduction. But I didn't want to start responding with out doing so.

My name is Flo and I live in Georgia with my husband and English bulldog named Chai. I am originally from New Orleans.

I've been practicing yoga for 2 years. The 1st year I stumbled into a community center and took an Anusura Based class. The teacher was trained in Iyengar/Anusura style so it was pretty interesting. As time went on I wanted more than a once a week offering at the local community center. So I ventured to down town Atlanta and fell in love!
I went to a Saturday morning basics ashtanga class and when I left I was soaked with sweat but felt amazing!
I've been hooked ever since.

This year I took my first trip to Kripalu to practice with Maju Jois for a weekend. It was amazing!
I am hoping to make it back to Kripalu in February for a Dharma Mittra workshop. He isn’t ashtanga…but I was able to take a class while in New York and he is an amazing yogi.

SO HI!
Any other Georgia Yogis on this board?
Thank you for having me.
Namaste

Lokaha Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-26 9:48 AM (#96958 - in reply to #96954)
Subject: RE: Intro from a newbie in Georgia

That is a fantastic introduction. I suggest that we should have one separate thread called

Introductions. This way, we meet new people each day!

Hurray.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-09-26 9:58 AM (#96963 - in reply to #96954)

Expert Yogi

Hey fellow SY, I'm the other Southern Yogi here in the mountains of NC. I'm originally from Atlanta..born and raised there. Actually, I have a small apartment in Decatur, does that count as being part of Georgia still...even though, I mostly hang out in my mountain home.

What part of Georgia are you in??

If you really want to go to what I consider the very BEST yoga studio, Anusara style...go to Springs Yoga. Ruth Ann is the teacher you want to visit. They have a beautiful studio. It's in-between Sandy Springs and Buckhead off Roswell Road. springsyoga.com

If you want to come to the Yoga Capital of the South...you have to come up to Asheville, NC.

Best wishes and all the best. Glad you found yoga.com, it's an interesting place.
southernyogi
Posted 2007-09-26 10:16 AM (#96967 - in reply to #96954)

Hi Cyndi and Neel.
Thanks for having me.

Cyndi I drive all the way from Newnan to Buckhead to practice at Balance Yoga Studio.
http://www.balanceyogaatlanta.com/app2/

It is amazing! But I will most definitly check out Springs Yoga.
I am looking forward to this weekend. It is the 2nd annual Atlanta Yoga conference!

Thanks for having me!
carlx
Posted 2007-10-24 1:23 PM (#98549 - in reply to #96954)

Regular

Greetings. I just caught this post.

I practice Bikram yoga at www.bikramyogadecatur.com, and have for about a year and a half. Apparently, I am very fortunate to get to practice Bikram without someone yelling at me, with supportive and thoughtful teachers, and without having anyone tell me to push into pain or past what I am able.

Come try it sometime. It's a great environment and a wonderful series.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-24 1:34 PM (#98553 - in reply to #98549)

Expert Yogi

Hey Carl,

Give Eric my best regards. I should pop in sometime, but, I haven't been down to Georgia in over a month. We have an apartment around the corner. I guess I really should come back down since its getting cooler...but, I don't know...I heard ya'll ain't gonna have no water in 3 months...hmm?? that would be terrible for a Bikram class,

Posted 2007-10-24 2:51 PM (#98569 - in reply to #96958)

kulkarnn - 2007-09-26 6:48 AM

That is a fantastic introduction. I suggest that we should have one separate thread called

Introductions. This way, we meet new people each day!

Hurray.

GOOD IDEA!!
lewellen17
Posted 2007-10-24 11:23 PM (#98594 - in reply to #96954)
Subject: RE: Intro from a newbie in Geo

Hi Flo,

I'm nowhere near Georgia! Great introduction - I also fell in love with ashtanga very quickly, though the first ashtanga classes I took weren't "true" ashtanga. The sweat thing really took me by surprise! Years later, I still leave the shala a soggy mess each and every time and love it.

Welcome!

Lisa

carlx
Posted 2007-10-25 9:30 AM (#98602 - in reply to #98553)

Regular

Cyndi - 2007-10-24 1:34 PM

Hey Carl,

Give Eric my best regards. I should pop in sometime, but, I haven't been down to Georgia in over a month. We have an apartment around the corner. I guess I really should come back down since its getting cooler...but, I don't know...I heard ya'll ain't gonna have no water in 3 months...hmm?? that would be terrible for a Bikram class,
Will do.

It rained for three days recently, but I don't think that's goign to make much of a dent. Scary stuff!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)