YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Short but vigorous sequence?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

summer_winter
Posted 2007-09-30 2:13 PM (#97223)
Subject: Short but vigorous sequence?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and just registered. I have learnt some yoga (ie: asanas) but nothing too systematic, and without an emphasis in any particular style. I am in "good shape" however, and can do a lot of asanas that might be difficult for beginners. I would like to do some practice everyday but don't have too much time. I'm looking at something around 20 minutes.

While I have seen some 20-minute sequences in books and on the internet, they seem to be designed to be appropriate for beginners and so leave out a bit more difficult poses, which I enjoy a lot (especially chakrasana and headstand). I wanted to know if someone could give advice for an appropriate sequence.

Thanks,

SW.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-30 9:10 PM (#97229 - in reply to #97223)
Subject: RE: Short but vigorous sequence?

What R U talking about? There are many sequences available which are quite advanced. I suggest the following:

1. Go to an advanced Ashtanga Style Exercise Class in your area or whatever area you have to go to, and take that sequence for you. Take the 20 min part at a time.

2. Take a private class from an Experienced Teacher and form a 20 min sequence that challenges you.

3. Look at my video : Sun Salutations Level II and practice it and once you master it, write to me, and I shall give you more strenuous one.

Note: I am assuming that you are NO injury athletic strong guy as you claimed yourself to be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)