YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

they're starting to linger
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

OrangeMat
Posted 2007-10-06 10:13 AM (#97494)
Subject: they're starting to linger

After class is over, the students in my classes don't get up and rush out of the room anymore. They sit on their mats for a few moments longer, lingering, as I always do after I finish a practice. It's a subtle thing, this shift in energy, but I'm noticing it, and it's really nice. Technically, I doubt my teaching has improved dramatically lately(cuing right vs. left, not relying on my notes, etc.), but obviously something else has. In my own practice, I've been feeling clearer in my intention, so maybe that's what's being felt? Who knows; all I know is I'm happy about and the students seem happy too. The classes I teach are really starting to feel like yoga.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-10-06 11:09 AM (#97496 - in reply to #97494)
Subject: RE: they're starting to linger

Expert Yogi

OM - that's great! I think part of that phenomenon is that they are beginning to gel as a group, so they have things to say to each other at teh end of class. A nice buzz
ollie
Posted 2007-10-06 12:25 PM (#97499 - in reply to #97494)

That is good to hear!
OrangeMat
Posted 2007-10-06 2:48 PM (#97501 - in reply to #97496)

tourist - 2007-10-06 11:09 AM OM - that's great! I think part of that phenomenon is that they are beginning to gel as a group, so they have things to say to each other at teh end of class. A nice buzz

Definitely a buzz of some sort, but there's really no talking going on. It's rarely the same people week to week, though there are familiar faces coming more often.

It's more like we come up out of savasana, have our final meditative moments, chant one om to complete the class and then everyone still just sits. Like we're still floating on the energy created by the group practice, and no one wants to get up and leave it so fast. Kinda like afterglow, actually. Yeah, it's really cool.

Posted 2007-10-06 11:19 PM (#97506 - in reply to #97494)

OM,
I think that what you are describing is that your students enjoyed the class and really don't want it to end. People frequently do this at concerts, plays or movies where they have really enjoyed themselves or been moved. Often, students will want to talk to you after class and really not have anything to say; they just want to get a little more before they go. To me, what you are saying is that you are connecting on a deeper, non-verbal level with your students and they are also connecting on a deeper level with themselves. Their "lingering" is similiar to people wanting to cuddle after being intimate.
Namaste,
Jim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)