YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unusual Body Odor
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

rlyoung62
Posted 2007-10-07 10:48 AM (#97515)
Subject: Unusual Body Odor

Hi everyone,

I joined this group because something is troubling me and I'm not quite sure how to approach this. My girlfriend is a wonderful, sensitive woman, but when she sweats, her body emits a noticable odor that resembles "Off" bug repellant. I know she showers regularly and wears deoderant, but I have never encountered anyone with such a unique body odor. Does anyone have any experiences with such a thing or perhaps access to information regarding a physiological or possible dietary cause for such a phenomenon?

Any related information you could provide would be helpful. BTW, no, she does not live in the woods and she is NOT using 'Off' or any other bug repellant!

Thank you,
Robert
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-07 12:20 PM (#97519 - in reply to #97515)
Subject: RE: Unusual Body Odor

Expert Yogi

She probably doesn't get enough Chlorophyll in her diet. This is also related to her Liver. Try getting her to drink fresh "Wheat Grass" drinks. I have a really easy cheap recipe if your're interested.

You take a couple or several (depending on which one you use) of leaves of Romain, Iceberg Lettuce, or Spinach leaves. Place in a blender. Add several strands of Wheatgrass, a peeled slice of fresh ginger and 1/2 cup of water. Blend until liquified. Drink for several days in the morning before meals. Drink a glass of water afterwards is okay...especially since she probably won't be used to the taste.

Best wishes.

Edited by Cyndi 2007-10-07 12:21 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-07 11:03 PM (#97528 - in reply to #97515)

First thing is: She should be ready to accept this situation, not only you. And, she should want to change it for better. And, then she should be open to trying a method for it.

Assuming all above, I suggest the following:

Stop the things she is currently using totally (the ones which you mentioned). Try to take pure diet and intermittent fasts only on water. And, use only simple natural soap (which unfortunately costs more than synthetic).
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-10-08 9:06 AM (#97540 - in reply to #97515)

like what neel said
I have taken a lot of toxins out of my body over the past 1 1/2 years by changing diet and using herbs and cleansing techniques. My body odor has dropped significantly unless I get a little constipated. If your body smells foul, there is something foul in your body

Edited by tubeseeker 2007-10-08 9:07 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-08 9:27 AM (#97542 - in reply to #97540)

Expert Yogi

That's why chloraphyll works wonders. It's a well known fact that chloraphyll is a natural deoderizer for the human body. It cleanses out the crap that gets stuck in the intestines. Eat your greens,

When I was growing up, here in the South the old timers would say eat your collard greens for perfect skin and for cleaning up everything. You could eat them or the "turnip greens" every day. The Pot Likker is just as good as eating the leaves,

Sorry if I mispelled chloraphyll, I don't really like to spell this word at 9am..heehee

Edited by Cyndi 2007-10-08 9:29 AM
tabula_rasa
Posted 2007-10-08 8:37 PM (#97576 - in reply to #97515)

I googled "pot likker" and saw bunch of green soup pictures. I'm not sure how they would taste though. Cyndi, you seems to be full of good recipes.
shalamOM
Posted 2007-10-18 10:23 PM (#98191 - in reply to #97515)

If she really smells so strange than I'd guess that the chemical odor is coming from environmental cause. Most people who have BO don't smell like bug repellent. This might surprise youl, but the odd odor might actually be caused by the deodorant. Most deodorants on the market smell nastay...worse than BO IMHO.
ollie
Posted 2007-10-24 10:04 AM (#98536 - in reply to #97515)

rlyoung62 - 2007-10-07 9:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I joined this group because something is troubling me and I'm not quite sure how to approach this. My girlfriend is a wonderful, sensitive woman, but when she sweats, her body emits a noticable odor that resembles "Off" bug repellant. I know she showers regularly and wears deoderant, but I have never encountered anyone with such a unique body odor. Does anyone have any experiences with such a thing or perhaps access to information regarding a physiological or possible dietary cause for such a phenomenon?

Any related information you could provide would be helpful. BTW, no, she does not live in the woods and she is NOT using 'Off' or any other bug repellant!

Thank you,
Robert

Question: what is she wearing, in terms of clothes? I've noticed that when I sweat while wearing certain t-shirts, I have an unusual odor, but the odor is absent when I wear other clothes.

I think it has something to do with the dye in the shirts.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)