YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seeking Michigan teachers!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

jeansyoga
Posted 2007-10-08 2:08 PM (#97560)
Subject: Seeking Michigan teachers!

Hello! I've been absent from the board for a while, and I miss my old friends! Hi everybody! It's good to read you again!

I've recently become the Mind/Body Coordinator for a large fitness center near Flint, Michigan, and we are looking to boost up the quality and quantity of our yoga classes in 2008. If you live in the area and are interested, please PM me! Pilates instructors also welcome (to teach Pilates, of course)!

Thanks for your time!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-10-08 6:14 PM (#97570 - in reply to #97560)
Subject: RE: Seeking Michigan teachers!

Expert Yogi

Great to see you Jean!!! Sounds like a great job, too. Is Flint doing better these days?
jeansyoga
Posted 2007-10-08 10:21 PM (#97578 - in reply to #97560)

Thanks Glenda! It's so good to hear from you!

It is a great job so far! I love it! As of right now, we don't have a very good reputation for great yoga classes, as most of our teachers have weekend certifications. So, it's up to me to facilitate the right kind of trainings and hire in qualified teachers. I'm not a big boat-rocker and our teachers are very popular with our current members, so blowing apart the current program would be counterproductive. But, I now have the leeway to bring in guest instructors for special sessions and slowly raise the bar for our staff. Those who really love yoga will be very excited, I hope. But I know it won't be all marshmallows and lollipops.

The most exciting part for me is opening up a relationship with the hospital (we're part of a health complex, and we hardly ever capitalize on that). My background and interest is more in therapeutic yoga, so I'm thrilled at the opportunity to set up gentle programs for diabetic clients, the cardiac rehab center, etc.

As for Flint, it's still pretty depressed, as is quite a lot of Michigan right now. This means that the general population is usually too broke to pay for classes, but so stressed out that they need classes more than ever. I'm hoping that once I get on solid ground at work, I'll be in a position to start work on some outreach programs for underserved parts of the community.

Posted 2007-10-09 1:49 PM (#97604 - in reply to #97560)

sounds good jean! it's good to see you here. i was wondering where you were the other day. . .could have been 3 weeks ago or yesterday for all i can remember time.

but, i'm glad that you're doing well.

btw, i'm starting a modular teacher training program (8 weekends for teacher training 200 hrs; 4 weeks for advanced studies)--so if you'd be interested about offering something 'in house' we can talk about that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)