YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

knee pressure/strain
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

amik_abeo
Posted 2007-10-08 10:00 PM (#97577)
Subject: knee pressure/strain

Hi, I've been getting back into yoga for a while now, and this is a problem I have never had before. It is slowly going away, but I am wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it is dangerous.

When I do positions like bow pose, camel pose, and the bridge, I get a weird feeling somewhere between pressure and strain in my knees. I got nervous that I might be straining the tendons too much, but it has slowly decreased over time so I guess it is okay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-10-09 12:11 AM (#97580 - in reply to #97577)
Subject: RE: knee pressure/strain

Expert Yogi

amik - be sure that you keep your thighs and feet parallel and not flying out beyond the width of your hips. All of those poses do stretch the thighs and can be quite intense. If it is gradually getting better, you should be ok. Are you working with a teacher or someone who can look at your poses from time to time? Even a yoga buddy can be a big help in seeing things that are hard to see in yourself. Let us know how it goes
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-09 6:52 AM (#97585 - in reply to #97577)

I suggest that you show what you are doing to some experienced teacher and get a feedback. You can even show it to different experienced teachers.

amik_abeo - 2007-10-08 10:00 PM

Hi, I've been getting back into yoga for a while now, and this is a problem I have never had before. It is slowly going away, but I am wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it is dangerous.

When I do positions like bow pose, camel pose, and the bridge, I get a weird feeling somewhere between pressure and strain in my knees. I got nervous that I might be straining the tendons too much, but it has slowly decreased over time so I guess it is okay.
amik_abeo
Posted 2007-10-09 9:58 PM (#97628 - in reply to #97577)

Thanks guys. I haven't been able to see a real yoga teacher yet where I live (job requires me to stay up all night, so I haven't been able to make the 11am yoga class) but I am going to go to the studio this week because I have a week off! I'll post updates...

Posted 2007-10-15 1:21 AM (#97880 - in reply to #97577)

Amik,

describe the nature and location of the knee pain please. A general query refering to "knee pain" when posed to yoga teachers doesn't provide much room for reply.
anuj
Posted 2007-11-07 3:10 AM (#99149 - in reply to #97577)

Hey man , just do pavanmuktasan series one and two, and some knee strenghning exercise first. once ur knee able to handle more pressure , then start surya namaskar, slowly increase the no of sun salutation. then finally move to other posture. And trust me it will help u definately
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)