YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

Yoga Steve
Posted 2007-10-11 9:19 PM (#97721)
Subject: Yoga

A workshop to introduce men to yoga. Please tell all your Manhattan men friends!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 in New York City
11 am - 5 pm
$75
The Breathing Project
15 West 26 Street (between Broadway and Sixth Avenue)
www.breathingproject.org

Register at: 212 979-9642 ext 4, or email to: register@breathingproject.org

This one-day workshop will give you an experience of some yoga fundamentals and a simple practice to try at home that is tailored to your physical condition. It will also encourage you to start a gym routine if you do not already have one and provide some tips on how to get maximum benefit from your gym workouts.

Yoga is a great tool to increase our range of motion, build core strength, increase breath capacity, improve circulation, relieve and manage stress, improve mental clarity, and increase our sense of peace and equanimity. The workshop is suitable for those with no yoga experience, or for those who have some experience with it and are interested in making it more a part of their routine.

The gym is where you work out. Yoga is where you work in; where you integrate your mind, body, and spirit. Both practices celebrate what we are doing - living life! And both practices significantly increase the quality of our life.

Steve Rooney was the first graduate of The Breathing Project's Advanced Studies Program. He has studied extensively with Zack Kurland and Leslie Kaminoff, and has participated in numerous workshops led by T.K.V. Desikachar, Kausthub Desikachar, Menakar Desikachar, and Mark Whitwell. For the past year he has been a student of Gary and Mirka Kraftsow in the American Viniyoga Institute's highly-respected Teacher Training Program. Steve teaches regularly on Saturday mornings at The Breathing Project.

“In July 2001 I was 51, out of shape, and just diagnosed with my second cancer. Now I am 57 and fitter than I've ever been. It was simple:

1. Go to the gym 2-3 times a week for cardio and weight work-outs.
2. Learn yoga and do it at home almost every day.

I have a fulltime office job as Chief Financial Officer. Yet I bound up stairs and have a resting pulse in the low 50s. You can, too! Let's do it!”

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)