YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Should I continue?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Libragirl87
Posted 2007-10-14 4:54 AM (#97846)
Subject: Should I continue?

I got two revi and ana DVD’s for Christmas last year. At the time I did not like them because they were not what I was expecting due to having no knowledge of kundalini yoga. I recently rediscovered them and tried them again with an open mind and heart and found they were wonderful. I have since done some reading on kundalini yoga. I am disturbed by the idea of “kundalini rising” or a “kundalini experience”. I have no interest in this and would like to make sure this does not happen. I would like to continue this type of yoga because it is the only one that feels this fun and makes me feel as relaxed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-14 9:16 AM (#97854 - in reply to #97846)
Subject: RE: Should I continue?

This is a very good question. I suggest the following:

1. Ask the authors of the DVDs whether their practice has something to do with Kundalini rising and such.

2. if NO response is possible from the direct authors or someone who is a reliabe representative of the author, give away the DVDs.

3. If response says NO RELATION, then go ahead and practice as you have nothing to worry.

4. If the response says YES RELATION, then give away the DVDs and take up something else.

Best Luck
tourist
Posted 2007-10-14 10:54 AM (#97863 - in reply to #97846)

Expert Yogi

A brief look at their website would indicate that this is mainly a relaxation exercise style of yoga. You should be fine. But as Neel says, check with them - send them an email and see what you get back.
tweeva
Posted 2007-10-15 4:56 AM (#97883 - in reply to #97846)

Veteran

Libragirl87 - 2007-10-12 10:54 AM

I got two revi and ana DVD’s for Christmas last year. At the time I did not like them because they were not what I was expecting due to having no knowledge of kundalini yoga. I recently rediscovered them and tried them again with an open mind and heart and found they were wonderful. I have since done some reading on kundalini yoga. I am disturbed by the idea of “kundalini rising” or a “kundalini experience”. I have no interest in this and would like to make sure this does not happen. I would like to continue this type of yoga because it is the only one that feels this fun and makes me feel as relaxed.

Dear LibraGirl,

What was it that you read about "Kundalini experiences" that made you decide "to make sure this does not happen"? Did you ever try to speak 1 to 1 with someone who experienced it? There are a lot of misconceptions about Kundalini going around!
Do you fear a "Kundalini Rising"? This is not necessary, because it is only dangerous for those who try to trigger it by force, without proper guidance and/or preparation. Do you fear Life? Life is full of dangers, especially for stunt pilots!
If, for instance, I would want to make sure that I don't die in a car crash, can I ever make sure this does not happen? No I can't. But I can turn my life into a living hell instead.

Anyway, you should not worry about the yoga as taught on those DVD's. Although I would not recommend to learn any form of yoga from a DVD, these are not particulary designed to trigger "Kundalini Experiences". However, practicing these exercises will gradually increase your Awareness like any other form of yoga. So, in time, your "opinions", or "attitude" might change. This is just evolution.
If you decide to abandon this yoga because of some wild preconceptions about this particular form, which you say you like, don't abandon Yoga for it. Should you decide to abandon it, I would recommend to take up dancing lessons. Particulary the latin styles, like the Tango, might suit you very well.

Kind regards,
Tw

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)