YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga Teacher Advice on Pricing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

laurenann053
Posted 2007-10-16 4:39 PM (#97992)
Subject: Yoga Teacher Advice on Pricing

I have recently been certified and need some advice on pricing clients/places. I'm having issues dealing with the business ends of things...can someone help?

*lauren ann*
Top of the page Bottom of the page
priyankeshu
Posted 2007-10-16 10:52 PM (#98015 - in reply to #97992)
Subject: RE: Yoga Teacher Advice on Pri

i have been watching websites of yoga teachers around i would suggest that you should look websites esp in your area of yoga teachers so that you can get an idea ..

Otherwise normally as i know people charge around

10 dollars for single visit
30 dollars for 4 class
50 dollars for a month

somewhat like that
i hope you got the idea

Posted 2007-10-17 12:46 AM (#98026 - in reply to #97992)
Subject: RE: Yoga Teacher Advice on Pricing

Hello Lauren,

the prices you charge are based on several things. And frankly you don't provide enough information in your initial post to give a robust answer.

Your training, the value you place on your self and your time, and the market in whcih you are teaching are all elements that come together to determine price point for your services.

If you are trained at a 500-hour level and are teaching in Los Angeles or if you've got 18 hours of training teaching in Erie, it makes a difference.

Here in Seattle studios are charging about $14 per class when classes run 75 to 90 minutes. The one hour classes where I teach are $12. Every studio here has a different structure and package deal.
shalamOM
Posted 2007-10-18 10:09 PM (#98184 - in reply to #97992)
Subject: RE: Yoga Teacher Advice on Pricing

Don't teach anywhere unless you make at least $27 hour....I have found out the hard way...At one studio every single instructor could have a different salary based on nothing...So demand that you get paid a good salary.

At $14 for an hour or more, you are getting robbed...Plain and simple.

Posted 2007-10-19 10:41 AM (#98234 - in reply to #97992)
Subject: RE: Yoga Teacher Advice on Pri

like purna said, it really depends upon a lot of things. talk to your certifying organization about this. they should have talked to you already, of course, but many forget to give advice on how to get started.

i recommend that my 200 hr trained graduates charge $65 for a private lesson (1 hour), ask for $50 per 1.5 hour class in a studio setting, and strive for $30 per class in a gym setting. some places, such as the YMCA won't give more than $20--but the benefits of the Y are great, such as getting free membership to a facility and high quality day care services.

if you're going to start independent classes, i recommend renting a space in a church, community center, park, or related. usually, they're quite a good deal per hour. I teach at a quaker meeting where it's $15 for 2 hours. I charge $12 per student for 1 hour classes and run 8 week sessions. This is basicly industry standard in my area--so it's a fair price. I usually advertise in free publications as well.

Advertising is important and i recommend three elements: your own web site; business cards that you can easily hand out (vista print is very inexpensive); and free publications. free publications often have calendar and ongoing class listings that are an excellent resource. Mine costs me $15 per bimonthly posting--and i usually publish 3 or 4. so far, i make about $1000 per advertisement. So, it really has a nice return on investment.

i do use flyers, but i notice that i don't get a huge return from them. so, i post business cards instead, on various boards around town and get pretty good return on that as well.

so, there are some ideas at least.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)