YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

be in book plz :)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

yogasavedme2x
Posted 2007-11-02 3:35 PM (#98996)
Subject: be in book plz :)

Hi All,

I am a yogi and author; I am looking for folks who teach, either studio owners or teachers, who can give me about (no more than)250 words on the following (one or each)

*this is advice for a new student of yoga or a new teacher of yoga

Topics:

Asanas
Pranayama
Meditation
Anatomy
Bhandas
Teaching Ethics
Teaching Methods
Philosophy
Forms of yoga (power, therapy, etc)
Special demographic advice
Marketing advice

There is no pay, BUT do add your name and website. There may be slight editing which is the norm with publishing.

ALSO: if you are feeling photogenic, please send a photo in an ASANA
The following must be accompainied.
The name of the Asana and style of yoga
Your name (and your website)
Why you chose this asana & a bit about it from "the heart" as well as a how-to on it.
*no more than 250 words.
PLEASE NO WHITE CLOTHING & Nothing sexy. Modesty is key.

Please send to Michele@globalmediaguru.com
*Only send if you are agreeing to be a part of the book and release your words and/or likeness. We can't discuss book per privacy contract beyond this: an inspirational book for those who love yoga.

Please cut and paste and sent it to others!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
charvaka
Posted 2007-11-05 12:01 AM (#99063 - in reply to #98996)
Subject: RE: be in book plz :)

Great idea michele and co... you want people to sit down and write 250 words on those topics and send their photos with another 250 words which you may publish after editing.and NO PAY.
You think people are so desperate to get their photo and web site published.
and conditions conditions.........only from your side
no white clothing......and nothing sexy...... what is sexy and what is not sexy is different from different persons...
why dont you get down to your desk and write yourself or find talented people for that and work out a fair deal rather than playing silly tricks.

Posted 2007-11-05 7:42 AM (#99068 - in reply to #99063)

Michele is legitimate and simply making an offer to contibute if one chooses.
charvaka
Posted 2007-11-07 12:05 AM (#99147 - in reply to #99068)

Bruce michele may be legitimate.....
And offer may be taken up by someone.
But it looks pretty exploitive yes....One sided.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-07 8:18 AM (#99156 - in reply to #99147)

OK Michelle: Since my big brother Bruce (BBB) recommends you, here it is:

What is Spiritual Life by Neel Kulkarni
Salutations to Lord Ganesha. In this article we shall see what is meant by Spiritual Life.

What is Spiritual Life or 'Adhyaatma', a Sanskrit word? Adhyaatma is formed like this: Adhi = towards, about, related to; Atma = Spirit, Soul; Adhyaatma = with Spirit as the main center. Spiritual means exactly same.

What is 'Spirit'? If we look at a life of any person, we consider body, intellect, relatives, property, etc. But, on a close look, we find that all these change with time, nay even vanish in the course of time. But, the person under consideration remains the same. To repeat, when all related
things are changing, the central person or existence remains the same without any change. This unchanging existence is called 'Spirit' or 'Soul' of a person.

When any person understands existence of such a Spirit, the behavior of that person starts changing or gets transformed. The person is drawn to fully understand or realize this Spirit. Until the full realization dawns, there is a state in life when existence of the Spirit if felt at times, and the same is not felt at other times. But, the behavior of such a person is based upon the existence of Spirit as the main thing. Such a life is called 'Adhyaatma' or 'Spiritual Life'.

When the effort to realize the Spirit is intense, the life of a person is called 'Adhyaatma-Saadhana' or 'Spiritual Practice'. When the full realization dawns, the person becomes completely peaceful and does not have necessity to know anything else. Such a realized person comes to know that his/her Spiritual existence was constant. That is, as a Spirit, he/she
existed in the past, is existing in the present, and shall exist in the future as well. Such a person also realizes that as a Spirit, he/she never performed any action in the past, never performs any action in the present, and shall never perform any action in the past.

Finally, this person realizes that Spirit in all beings is one and the same. This single Spirit which appears to be different in different beings is called 'Paramaatman' or Universal Spirit or God. And the apparent Spirit in an individual being is called 'Atman' or Spirit or Soul. This fact is described by statements such as 'Individual Spirit is a part of Universal Spirit, God made man in his image, Atman is a reflection of Paramaatman', etc. After this Spiritual Realization, the person exists as a Spirit rather than individual being. In other words, he remains merged into the Universal Spirit. This merger is called 'Yoga' or 'Joint'. As this state is totally peaceful or satisfying, this state is also called as Samaadhi meaning Complete Satisfaction.

Thus, Spiritual Life or Adhyaatma means living in accordance with the Spirit.

Neel Kulkarni, born in India, has studied Yoga in Classical Style for over 31 years and taught for over 24 years in many countries and to variety of audience. He completed his Health and Yoga studies in 1999, and opened his Yoga School, which gives many types of Yoga Classes including Hatha, Meditation, Chanting, Philosophy, and Sports. Neel holds B.S. and M.S. in Aerospace Engineering from an International Ivy League and has worked as Computer Consultant for 21 years in many countries.

charvaka - 2007-11-07 12:05 AM

Posted 2007-11-07 4:29 PM (#99183 - in reply to #98996)

Beloved Brother Neel again exhibits why he is a model to emulate and though he doesn't claim it, I know there's Irish in the lad somewhere.

Michele posted under a new registered name--back in the day, she was a regular poster here. I didn't post her invitation on the forum as thruthfully, I wanted to check with her first but she sneaked in.
charvaka
Posted 2007-11-08 12:18 AM (#99210 - in reply to #99156)

A HARD NUT TO CRACK NEEL
What a wealth of knowledge.Charvakas the rationalists of ancient india called this kind of knowledge COW DUNG knowledge.Forgive me if i sound harsh. We charvakas are straight forward. direct.
All these spiritual wisdom and truths and revelations are found only in the books,scriptures and the words of the saints and yogis.
They all seem to be living and dying like anyone else.
i know that THEY wont admit it. BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE REALISED AND CANNNOT BE EXPLAINED THROUGH WORDS. phooooo.

QUOTE]kulkarnn - 2007-11-07 8:18 AM

OK Michelle: Since my big brother Bruce (BBB) recommends you, here it is:

What is Spiritual Life by Neel Kulkarni
Salutations to Lord Ganesha. In this article we shall see what is meant by Spiritual Life.

What is Spiritual Life or 'Adhyaatma', a Sanskrit word? Adhyaatma is formed like this: Adhi = towards, about, related to; Atma = Spirit, Soul; Adhyaatma = with Spirit as the main center. Spiritual means exactly same.

What is 'Spirit'? If we look at a life of any person, we consider body, intellect, relatives, property, etc. But, on a close look, we find that all these change with time, nay even vanish in the course of time. But, the person under consideration remains the same. To repeat, when all related
things are changing, the central person or existence remains the same without any change. This unchanging existence is called 'Spirit' or 'Soul' of a person.

When any person understands existence of such a Spirit, the behavior of that person starts changing or gets transformed. The person is drawn to fully understand or realize this Spirit. Until the full realization dawns, there is a state in life when existence of the Spirit if felt at times, and the same is not felt at other times. But, the behavior of such a person is based upon the existence of Spirit as the main thing. Such a life is called 'Adhyaatma' or 'Spiritual Life'.

When the effort to realize the Spirit is intense, the life of a person is called 'Adhyaatma-Saadhana' or 'Spiritual Practice'. When the full realization dawns, the person becomes completely peaceful and does not have necessity to know anything else. Such a realized person comes to know that his/her Spiritual existence was constant. That is, as a Spirit, he/she
existed in the past, is existing in the present, and shall exist in the future as well. Such a person also realizes that as a Spirit, he/she never performed any action in the past, never performs any action in the present, and shall never perform any action in the past.

Finally, this person realizes that Spirit in all beings is one and the same. This single Spirit which appears to be different in different beings is called 'Paramaatman' or Universal Spirit or God. And the apparent Spirit in an individual being is called 'Atman' or Spirit or Soul. This fact is described by statements such as 'Individual Spirit is a part of Universal Spirit, God made man in his image, Atman is a reflection of Paramaatman', etc. After this Spiritual Realization, the person exists as a Spirit rather than individual being. In other words, he remains merged into the Universal Spirit. This merger is called 'Yoga' or 'Joint'. As this state is totally peaceful or satisfying, this state is also called as Samaadhi meaning Complete Satisfaction.

Thus, Spiritual Life or Adhyaatma means living in accordance with the Spirit.

Neel Kulkarni, born in India, has studied Yoga in Classical Style for over 31 years and taught for over 24 years in many countries and to variety of audience. He completed his Health and Yoga studies in 1999, and opened his Yoga School, which gives many types of Yoga Classes including Hatha, Meditation, Chanting, Philosophy, and Sports. Neel holds B.S. and M.S. in Aerospace Engineering from an International Ivy League and has worked as Computer Consultant for 21 years in many countries.

charvaka - 2007-11-07 12:05 AM

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-08 7:53 AM (#99213 - in reply to #99210)

The fact is: Even though Yogis die like anyone else, and Charvakas know it, still Charvakas keep looking for how Yogis are passing away. I mean they are still interested in Yogis. Interesting. Whereas, the Yogis do not have that attraction to Charvakas. I mean charvakas first swim in their swimming pool, and then sneak without the pass into Yogis Swmming pool to find whether anything else is found in that pool.

charvaka - 2007-11-08 12:18 AM

A HARD NUT TO CRACK NEEL
What a wealth of knowledge.Charvakas the rationalists of ancient india called this kind of knowledge COW DUNG knowledge.Forgive me if i sound harsh. We charvakas are straight forward. direct.
All these spiritual wisdom and truths and revelations are found only in the books,scriptures and the words of the saints and yogis.
i know that THEY wont admit it. BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE REALISED AND CANNNOT BE EXPLAINED THROUGH WORDS. phooooo.

charvaka
Posted 2007-11-10 12:42 AM (#99314 - in reply to #99213)

Yes charvakas jump into yogis swimming pool and find that there is nothing there except their lofty ideals and cheap tricks to fool society and make an easy living.Some yogis may not have attraction to charvakas because its charvakas who try to expose their trickery from time immemorial.Yogis pretend that they dont need any swimming pool and act like they are detached but in fact they dirty everyone ones swimming pool and drain water to their pool.
According to the rationalist Dr.Abraham T. Kovoor , The swamis,Yogis,Babas etc are either mentally deranged people or con men trying to fool others to make an easy living.
But the modern yoga industry seem to be doing a straight forward business ........by giving a fitness workout for the body and mind and get a fee for it .Seems straight forward.But the con men and fradusters say and pretend that they dont need any money or material comforts but cunningly squeeze out money from the people saying donations.
Its the great charvakas of ancient india who fought aganist the superstious,foolish rituals and abnormalities prevalent in the indian society at that time.But their works and contribution to to the upliftment of the society from foolish practrices were deliberately destroyed.
Yoga a great science of india was and is distorted and misused by the deranged and fraudsters and projected as something mystic and supernatural using their hallucinatory philosophies which is nothing but words and sweet talks.
This so called YOGIs prove again and again that they are very sensitive to criticism ,oppositie to what they preach..... that they are not affected by anything.
A YOGI IS NOT AFFCTED BY NEITHER SORROW OR HAPPINESS.A YOGI IS THE ONE HAVING A STABILISED MIND.
No wonder ordinary people with their problems in life fall prey to these sweet and lofty sentences.
This book may give the yogi Some real enlightenment.
BEGONE GODMEN
By Dr.ABRAHAM .T.KOVOOR.

QUOTE]kulkarnn - 2007-11-08 7:53 AM

The fact is: Even though Yogis die like anyone else, and Charvakas know it, still Charvakas keep looking for how Yogis are passing away. I mean they are still interested in Yogis. Interesting. Whereas, the Yogis do not have that attraction to Charvakas. I mean charvakas first swim in their swimming pool, and then sneak without the pass into Yogis Swmming pool to find whether anything else is found in that pool.

charvaka - 2007-11-08 12:18 AM

A HARD NUT TO CRACK NEEL

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-10 7:51 AM (#99319 - in reply to #98996)

Hey Charvaka: I like this discussion. Let us continue. I like your free spirit.

BTW: Happy Diwali to you when you can enjoy sweets and fire crackers, while the Yogis continue their pujas in whatever way (as you wrote above)!

Do you think the NON prevalence of charvakas logic is only due to being crushed by yogis or there are possibly other reasons?

I agree what you wrote about some yogis practicing meditation while actually focusing on riches and enjoyment. But, is not that the charvakas are telling? 'yaavajjivet ghrutam pibet'!

charvaka
Posted 2007-11-10 11:01 PM (#99333 - in reply to #99319)

Hi Kulkarnin,
Happy Diwali to you too,
Charvakas logic is not non prevalent.But not as popular as theistic and ritrualistic philosophies.
The reasons are many.They were crushed, not by the wisdom and imaginary spiritual powers of the yogis but the kings and emperors who patronised them.Talking aganist theism was a great offence and to an extent still is.People who thought clearly and those who criticised and questioned the foolish pratcises of the religionists and theists
were killed ruthlessly.Whats happening even today? The same thing.
What spiritualists say is so promising ....so sweet......They promise the the existence of the spirit forever.The body may die but your spirit will live for ever.YOur individual spirit get united with universal spirit.An imagination or trickery.Which ordinary soul can refuse this promise?
So more people accept and get into this mental trap.They need a father figure ,someone to protect ,it did have psychological impact.But its few steps backward than forward.
Charvakas logic is not talked about or preached much.But thats what is lived today by most of us.
Its the rationilistic and scientific method that is practised in the world today.
All relgionists and spiritualists are forced to accept the verifiable findings of charvakas.
So charvakas were crushed infact killed by the might of the powerful people who patronised the spiritualists and thieists. These theories were used by the ruling class and Certain caste to control and subdue people to keep them in fear so that they could live an easy life.
Christianity spread everywhere in europe because the roman emperor patronised it.Islam spread using the sword.Buddism spread because of few emperors like ashoka and harshavardhana.Jainism did not become popular because it was not patronised by the powerful.
Human mind is very gullible and rationalistic thinking is very difficult in most people.
IT is the charvakas who really care about the human spirit.Its independence.
They are the true seekers of truth.
Charvakas are honest and truthful about the importance of money and worldly life.
They do say to have riches and enjoy material life. But see what the spiritualists say they condemn riches ,the condemn sensuality and sexuality and every thing natural and still indulge in them. They live out of other peoples effort ,other peoples money manipulating others.
They extend their hand to the so called ordinary people for food and condemn them .
As i said earlier Its either SICKNESS OR A TRICK to live comfortably in this world fooling others.
So the modern existence ..that we are having to day is the result of free thinking ,brave efforts of rational honest minds braving the hallucinators and tricksters and religilious bullies.

kulkarnn - 2007-11-10 7:51 AM

Hey Charvaka: I like this discussion. Let us continue. I like your free spirit.

BTW: Happy Diwali to you when you can enjoy sweets and fire crackers, while the Yogis continue their pujas in whatever way (as you wrote above)!

Do you think the NON prevalence of charvakas logic is only due to being crushed by yogis or there are possibly other reasons?

I agree what you wrote about some yogis practicing meditation while actually focusing on riches and enjoyment. But, is not that the charvakas are telling? 'yaavajjivet ghrutam pibet'!

Posted 2007-11-11 2:42 AM (#99334 - in reply to #98996)

Your actions speak so loud,. I cannot hear what you are saying.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-11 9:06 AM (#99335 - in reply to #98996)

Hey Charvaka: Thanks for responding to my post. Really thanks. I notice that you gave examples of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism in response to Impirical support for theism. How is it that you ignored Hinduism where the Charvakas also came from? Also,I do not know whether Charvakas were aware of these three faiths you mentioned. So, please explain this comparison or using their name as example.

Next, you stated that even today theists or whoever are killing charvakas, or harming them. I do not see any such harm being done in my own life, except Philosophical Debate. Though I do not myself subscribe to Buddhist Philosophy completely, I do not see Buddhist people harming people the way you mentioned. So, please explain that.

Also, you mention that most of the people, those who talk or imagine Spirituality, are actually leading life according to Charvaka philosophy of materialism. That means you are saying there is no problem. And, it is not actually crushed. Actually, it is very popular in action. Only in imagination, people are thinking Spirituality, but in actual they are materialists. I agree with you to some extent. But, then there is no problem. Let them do so. Do not we study poetry in the schools, that is also imaginary. Do not we know that a beautiful extremely sexy woman can actually have cancer inside her body, but we go and enjoy that body. So, there is no problem in this imagination if the Spiritually oriented people find fascination for it.

Now, about exploiting others, I have a question for you. Are you sure that Spiritual Dogmatists have exploited the average people more than the Materialists? Please see around and think carefully.

And, I have one more question for now. You stated that all advancement has occured due to Charvakas or Materialist. And, that is the great thing. And, the life has improved, etc. etc. Do you really feel that our life in the Materialistic way is fantastically advanced?

I thank you for having discussion with me.

charvaka
Posted 2007-11-12 12:12 AM (#99360 - in reply to #99335)

I forgot to mention hinduism.Thats all.Hinduism was also patronised by the kings and such powerful people.This is what helped theses faiths to spread.Charvakas of ancient days might not have been aware of many religious faiths.I was giving an example of why charvaka philosophy did not become popular as other illusory self hypnotic theistic philosophies.Because charvaka logic did not have any powerful backing because charvakas did not offer heaven and eternal life after death.when i said charvakas are killed even today i did not meant it as physical killing only.
Their voices are suppressed .But still in many islamic countries they are killed if they air their rational opinions. Now when we learn poetry in school and college , we know and we are aware that its poetry .But if make poetry as a theory whats going to happen? Everyone enjoys ALICE IN WONDERLAND. so should we take it as reality?Its pure entertainment. What we have done today.... we have made BOOKS, POETRY AND STORIES into sacred holy books ,...spoken words of god.... stilflings human free spirt,tortures societies.....spreads terror.
Now the exploiters and bad people. The bad people get into all groups.
They are among materialists, among spiritualists among politicians so are good people.
BUt a person who belives in unreal imaginary ideas does more harm to others which ever group he belongs to. As you said a beautiful person may have a dreaded disease and he or she may carry urine and **** also inside that body.It seems to be nature of things in the universe until we find the answer by using verifiable scientic logical methods.If it happens.If we cant find the answers of the problems in this world quickly , we need not fall back on illusory ideas to find peace.
If you study history you will find that human life has improved at a great extent.But still we got our problems.I dont want to reduce it TO A WORD MATERIALISM.
We have found remedies for many illnesses both physical and mental but still new ones have come up.Our struggle goes on.WE got natural calamities still but we tackle many of them successfully. There are uncertanties.....But its the free thinking rational men who make it happen.BUt real tragedy happens when we resign ourselves to fatalism ,to imaginary illusory ideas to find peace.

kulkarnn - 2007-11-11 9:06 AM

Hey Charvaka: Thanks for responding to my post. Really thanks. I notice that you gave examples of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism in response to Impirical support for theism. How is it that you ignored Hinduism where the Charvakas also came from? Also,I do not know whether Charvakas were aware of these three faiths you mentioned. So, please explain this comparison or using their name as example.

Next, you stated that even today theists or whoever are killing charvakas, or harming them. I do not see any such harm being done in my own life, except Philosophical Debate. Though I do not myself subscribe to Buddhist Philosophy completely, I do not see Buddhist people harming people the way you mentioned. So, please explain that.

Also, you mention that most of the people, those who talk or imagine Spirituality, are actually leading life according to Charvaka philosophy of materialism. That means you are saying there is no problem. And, it is not actually crushed. Actually, it is very popular in action. Only in imagination, people are thinking Spirituality, but in actual they are materialists. I agree with you to some extent. But, then there is no problem. Let them do so. Do not we study poetry in the schools, that is also imaginary. Do not we know that a beautiful extremely sexy woman can actually have cancer inside her body, but we go and enjoy that body. So, there is no problem in this imagination if the Spiritually oriented people find fascination for it.

Now, about exploiting others, I have a question for you. Are you sure that Spiritual Dogmatists have exploited the average people more than the Materialists? Please see around and think carefully.

And, I have one more question for now. You stated that all advancement has occured due to Charvakas or Materialist. And, that is the great thing. And, the life has improved, etc. etc. Do you really feel that our life in the Materialistic way is fantastically advanced?

I thank you for having discussion with me.

charvaka
Posted 2007-11-12 12:14 AM (#99361 - in reply to #99334)

Consult an ENT specialist for your hearing problem
purnayoga - 2007-11-11 2:42 AM

Your actions speak so loud,. I cannot hear what you are saying.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-12 8:46 AM (#99366 - in reply to #98996)

Hey Charvaka:
Thanks for the response again. I like your logic. Now, I wish to discuss further.

You said that when we read poetry, etc. we use imagination and enjoy, but we also know that the poetry is only an imagination. That does not create any conflict or bad effects. Let us take few examples. Say, 'anthem of a country'. You know that certain places are created by wiping out the previous population. Now, I form a country there, and make an anthem. Is 'anthem' imaginary poetry or a real one?

What effect such anthem (depending on your answer 'imaginary' or 'real') has?

Another situation. We know in the society that a very beautiful girl is seen. Now, we also know that the beauty is in the eyes of beholders. Imaginary or Real? We also know that this beautiful woman carries urine and **** according your above post. But, a man who is enjoying her body does not take into account all these factors while enjoying that body. Correct? Is that Imaginary or Real? (Let me give you a minimal example, when a man and woman is kissing, they do not think of all bacteria which are really being exchanged. Real or Imaginary?)

At this point, I shall invite you to define one term which you have been using. Please define:

Charvaka, Rationalist, Scientific Rationalist, Scientific.

Thanks again for this discussion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)