YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

warning- yogi on the prowl
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

yogabloggerwife
Posted 2007-11-14 5:51 AM (#99431)
Subject: warning- yogi on the prowl

My husband is using the yoga studios and blogsites to pick up women. His name is yogablogger. He is abusing the sacred practice to evil ends. His name is Patrick Thompson, aka YOGABLOGGER. Check out his blogs on 5/29/07, "Hot date with my Yogini" and "Yoga & black bean sauce" As you can see, he's good with words.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ollie
Posted 2007-11-14 10:08 AM (#99432 - in reply to #99431)
Subject: RE: warning- yogi on the prowl

Actually, I've picked up yoginis during yoga practice before.

But since it was my yoga teacher and we were doing partner yoga practice, it was ok.
GreenJello
Posted 2007-11-14 10:13 AM (#99434 - in reply to #99432)

ollie - 2007-11-14 10:08 AM

Actually, I've picked up yoginis during yoga practice before.

But since it was my yoga teacher and we were doing partner yoga practice, it was ok.

I'm with you, I'm usually forced to put them back down again, yoginis are either too heavy for me, or I'm not strong enough.
ollie
Posted 2007-11-14 10:31 AM (#99435 - in reply to #99434)

GreenJello - 2007-11-14 9:13 AM

I'm with you, I'm usually forced to put them back down again, yoginis are either too heavy for me, or I'm not strong enough.

GJ, the "correct" answer is ALWAYS that I wasn't strong enough to hold her longer.

ALWAYS!!!!

Posted 2007-11-14 10:43 AM (#99437 - in reply to #99431)

i'm sorry that you're going through this. better confront your husband about it.

Posted 2007-11-14 11:02 AM (#99439 - in reply to #99431)

What was your intention with this post YBW?

The post is a bit odd for several reasons. So I've got the following bits to offer.

- In the YOGABLOGGER post about his "hot date..." the author refers to a date with his spouse. I fail to see how a person writing about an evening out with their partner is alluring to or trolling for other women. Futhermore, if the author is writing about someone other than his wife why not write about the date without stating he is married. Again I fail to see how a declaration of being "in" relationship with someone leads to picking up other women.

- If the conflict is in need of resolution, if it is reconcilable, it seems outing someone on an internet forum might be a less effective way for such resolution. If someone is having a fidelity problem with their spouse then it might be prudent to do everything possible to heal the relationship (and if that fails, then move to disolve the marriage).

- I don't believe "yogi" has a gender differentiation. Those who do yoga are yogis.

yogabloggerwife - 2007-11-13 2:51 AM

My husband is using the yoga studios and blogsites to pick up women. His name is yogablogger. He is abusing the sacred practice to evil ends. His name is Patrick Thompson, aka YOGABLOGGER. Check out his blogs on 5/29/07, "Hot date with my Yogini" and "Yoga & black bean sauce" As you can see, he's good with words.

Edited by purnayoga 2007-11-14 11:04 AM

Posted 2007-11-14 11:06 AM (#99440 - in reply to #99431)

i believe that "yogi" refers to male practitioners, and "yogini" refers to female practitioners.

when i refer to a mixed group, i use "yogins" which is a made up version that is, in my english head, inclusive of males and females.

Posted 2007-11-14 2:47 PM (#99445 - in reply to #99440)

In usage of the two terms, yes they are employed in that way.

However, I'm not personally aware of any such word as "yogini" relative to Sanskrit, transliteration to English, etcetera.

Though it is obviously used frequently, I do not have a need/point/purpose in differentiating between a male and female practitioner when it comes to yoga.

This was not, however, the main point I was making relative to the OP.

zoebird - 2007-11-14 8:06 AM

i believe that "yogi" refers to male practitioners, and "yogini" refers to female practitioners.

when i refer to a mixed group, i use "yogins" which is a made up version that is, in my english head, inclusive of males and females.

Edited by purnayoga 2007-11-14 2:48 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2007-11-14 3:16 PM (#99453 - in reply to #99445)

Expert Yogi

Yogi and Yogini....Daka and Dakini....Interesting creatures they are,
yogabloggerwife
Posted 2007-11-18 3:21 PM (#99618 - in reply to #99439)

Thank you for your insigts. I am trying to wade thru the dark waters right now. Your advice is helpful.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)