YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanksgiving post
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2007-11-23 5:52 PM (#99796 - in reply to #99788)
Subject: RE: Thanksgiving post

Expert Yogi

Bruce - 2007-11-23 10:35 AM

Allright Sister Cydi--you have just about totally come to the darkside--you doing Guiness before noon?

No, that was yestereday's program BB...this morning was the last straw before major DETOX. Friday we did Clams with Linguini with a nice Pinot Grigio....Thursday I drank "Fiddler's Elbow" around 11 am, then we had "Scarecrow" - Wychwood Ale.......then with lunch we drank some kind of red wine - the beer was better!!!....then, later that evening it was "Cosmopolitans" while watching "Trains, Planes and Automobiles".

Now, I just hope I can get to Philadelphia, meet up with Marylisa, get my aquarium and be back home sometime early Tuesday......on the road again Sunday, going up North....is it cold up there yet???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-11-23 6:22 PM (#99797 - in reply to #99796)

I think it's cold everywhere this week--I blame Tourist and that dam Cansadian cold front.
tourist
Posted 2007-11-23 6:44 PM (#99798 - in reply to #99797)

Expert Yogi

*snort*
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-11-24 10:08 AM (#99812 - in reply to #99706)

Hi Cyndi, we have about a foot of snow, but it's beautiful. How far north are you going? Going see Santa at the pole?

My pie report is pretty good. I made seven, three pumpkin, one apple, one cherry, one peanutbutter and chocolate chip, and one lemon meringue. My problem was that I ran out of corn starch on the lemon, and it was a bit runny. I felt bad about it, so to cheer me up my family and I renamed it Lemon Mist because it spread all over the plate.

Other than that everything went really well, and I passed the beet salad test with flying colors.
joscmt
Posted 2007-11-24 10:40 AM (#99817 - in reply to #99706)

We had a really great Thanksgiving... I just made the sweet potatoes (just roasted chunks with olive oil, salt and pepper) and the mashed potatoes... but it was great being around the fam'. The weather was whacky.. but here's a cool story-

On Wednesday, right around dusk, my brother calls me to the window (it was about 70 degrees outside).. out in our pond, there were two deer swimming- a doe and a buck. They meandered around for a bit, got out, and headed into the woods. After a couple of minutes, they came back and got back in the water for another dip! The buck only stayed in for a minute or so.. but the doe stayed in for nearly 5 minutes- just swimming in circles and having a great time! She eventually got out and joined her "man" as they cruised back into the woods! What a great sight!!!

After the freezing cold front came in, we all jumped into the cars and headed up to the top pasture where my Dad had strung a tree with Christmas lights- he has a little generator that he takes up there just for the event each year. It's our own personal tree lighting ceremony that kicks off the holiday season. We all gather around the tree- and just have a good time.

Now, it's back to reality and work.. But, as Cyndi said, she's making her way into my 'hood on Monday to pick up our old aquarium. I'm glad it's getting a good home!

zb- it's crazy.. I was talking to my SIL and she had her first at 37 weeks... my Dad is convinced this baby is coming on a full moon- he's had this inkling for awhile now... Christmas Eve will be 38 weeks to the day and it also happens to be a full moon. The next one after that will be 1 day after the 42 week mark- and I doubt my doc will let me go that far...... it'd be wild if my Dad is on the money with this one!!!! He has a special way of "knowing" things....

Posted 2007-11-24 11:15 AM (#99821 - in reply to #99706)

that would be cool to have a christmas baby.

and yes, i doubt your doctor would let you go to 42 weeks, but a lot of women refuse induction anyway. one of my friends just gave birth at 42 weeks and 3 days. homebirth, though, and lucky that her midwife didn't drop her care. but, i sent her midwife an article about how dates are estimates, and she could be just reaching 40 weeks then.

those EDDs can be 4 weeks off--two weeks either way). so your SIL might have been 35 weeks or 39 weeks instead of 37, and you might be 40 weeks at christmas or 36 weeks, or you might be 40 weeks in Jan or 44--but i doubt you'll go to 44. something like less than .3% of births (international, recorded) go beyond 43 weeks.

Edited by zoebird 2007-11-24 11:15 AM
joscmt
Posted 2007-11-24 12:31 PM (#99823 - in reply to #99706)

Because we were following the FAM method, I have a pretty good idea of when everything happened... there may be a question of a couple of days, based on my chart.. but more than likely not.. but we'll see.... at this point, it's all out of my hands- it's on the baby's time schedule and the big man upstairs!!
tourist
Posted 2007-11-24 9:39 PM (#99828 - in reply to #99823)

Expert Yogi

I really watched the moons with mine - one on a full moon and one on a new moon. They were both closer to my dates than the doc's dates. First was "due" Aug 28, I said Sept 8 and he was born on the 10th. He did "look" late, though. Second was Nov.11 officially and I said the 15th because of the phase of the moon. She was born on the 15th:-)

Hey - I just fibbed! I looked them up and they were both new moons. Just goes to show that facts you carry around for over 20 years may not be as factual as you thought

Christmas babies have a habit of arriving early. First babies have a habit of arriving late. You should be able to split the difference and be just fine.
joscmt
Posted 2007-11-24 11:00 PM (#99829 - in reply to #99706)

Hey, Sept 10th! That's my b-day!! .... well, lessee, if I split the difference, I'm looking at a New Year's baby!

Posted 2007-11-25 9:37 AM (#99831 - in reply to #99706)

that'll be cool too. my aunt is a new year baby!

if things take this cycle, we're looking around Sept 5.

knowing one's cycle is so helpful with that. charting makes a huge difference. i wish doc's believed in charting (in general; many do not). most will just use their estimates based on last menstrual period and the u/s.

i'm getting excited for you!
SCThornley
Posted 2007-11-28 1:58 PM (#99988 - in reply to #99706)

ah yes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I'm most thankful for everyone else and the grace and blessings that saturate my life.

The ocean of abundance in which we swim is deep and wide, and there is no end to the many thanks I feel.

I did some roofing for my Father on his Garage he's building, then did assorted electronic repairs to pieces of equipment for my Mother and then ate too much.....

---------I pray for peace and sanity and respect for justice to come back to the earth--------

unfortunately, I'm thinking that I just became more aware of the reality, and that it has always been this way---which makes me even more thankful for the blessings and life that I live-peace

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)