YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga Music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Euphonic
Posted 2007-11-30 6:16 PM (#100149)
Subject: Yoga Music

Hello. I'm new here and I wanted to ask everyone what is your favorite type of music to practice Yoga. I have only been to one beginner Yoga class, and enjoyed it.

After that, I began looking for some music that I can relax, meditate, or do yoga with, and I haven't really found what I am looking for. Since I'm an aspiring film composer, I thought, "Hey, I'll just make my own."

So that is what I'm doing, just as a fun project. But I would very much like to know. "What kind of music do you like to do yoga, relax, or meditate with? .....and why?"

Glad to be here, and hope I can learn a lot.

Michael
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-01 12:01 AM (#100162 - in reply to #100149)
Subject: RE: Yoga Music

I like the following three:

a) Dhrupad Style Insrumental Music. In paricular, Shobha Silver's Surbahar, Nancy Kulkarni's Cello, and Manikji Munde's Pakhawaj. For the first one, look for Shobha Silver on google.com. I have only one copy of each of her CD in my boutique. I bought 15 from her and sold all of them. For Nancy Kulkarni, see www.dhrupadcello.com. And, for Manikji Munde, see www.mundepakhawaj.com or www.youtube.com.

b) Chanting audios : from Indian Priests. Or, my own.

c) Tibetan Gongs or Bells.

Namaste
dtpbach
Posted 2007-12-04 9:12 PM (#100357 - in reply to #100149)

Craig Pruess is a wonderful new age composer. The Sacred Chants of Shiva is marvelous for meditation, especially the last track. He works with the singer named Ananda and her voice is amazing. Go to Amazon or any new age music online site and search under his name. You won't regret it.

Cheers,
D

Posted 2007-12-05 7:52 AM (#100384 - in reply to #100149)

Welcome Michael. I like just about anything other than traditional Western yoga class music--the repetitive chanting of gods names my students and I don't identify with I find distracting.
So, I experiment a lot--old Celtic to Dire Straits ("Why Worry" is excellent savasana music).
Depending on the type of class, the people composition, time of the year, I mix it up. My students have carte blanche to input yea or nay at anytime.
Kudos to you doing your own!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)