YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

height
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

pulkit_a4
Posted 2007-12-03 12:41 AM (#100239)
Subject: height

hello everybody. i am pulkit 20 years of age and my height is 5.2". my father is also small. doctor said that it is genetic . Can yoga help me to increase my height.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-03 11:23 AM (#100261 - in reply to #100239)
Subject: RE: height

This is what I suggest:

a) Do NOT take any harmones or external chemicals than normal food, in order to increase the height and decrease the Health.

b) Be satisfied with whatever Height you have physically, and try to raise mental and or spiritual height. I am sure you shall be more happy in long run.

c) Do stretching Yoga exercises. If your height increases (there was one boy who came to my class for this and he did increase. But, I do not take any credit for it and have not posted that as Testimonial on my site.), be happy, but do not profess to others that Yoga increased your height.

d) If height does not increase, be happy that your health and fitness improved using Yoga.

e) If you are near Virginia, come and see me. I shall teach you what I taught that boy.

Best Wishes.

pulkit_a4 - 2007-12-03 12:41 AM

hello everybody. i am pulkit 20 years of age and my height is 5.2". my father is also small. doctor said that it is genetic . Can yoga help me to increase my height.

Edited by kulkarnn 2007-12-03 11:24 AM

Posted 2007-12-03 12:13 PM (#100265 - in reply to #100239)

Height is an inherited trait, though there are other factors like diet and environment that can alter growth potential.

Typically, by the age of 20, most significant growth of this sort has ceased. It is not always so but generally so.

I am not aware of anything specifically within yoga to make one taller (other than maximizing the actual skeleton you have). Additionally one could make a case that to even use yoga to pursue such a thing may go against yoga's grain.

Therefore it seems Neel's advice about loving you as you are is the most appropriate.

This topic has come up before. A search using the menu bar above that reads "Search | New Threads | Statistics | User Listing" might be helpful to your research.
Chilly_Breeze55
Posted 2008-01-29 4:32 PM (#102633 - in reply to #100239)

I totally agree with kulkarnn
you should be happy with your height
I'm 6'0, and for a female its kinda hard being that tall.
yeah it has its ups and downs
but I've learned to live with it
and I'm pretty happy with it

dhanasekar
Posted 2008-02-06 2:03 AM (#102940 - in reply to #100239)

don't tension u also skip daily
islabucasgrande
Posted 2010-02-09 3:01 AM (#121366 - in reply to #100239)
Subject: Re: height

pulkit_a4 has almost same position as I am few years in hindsight. I was then 4'11" then when I reached 20 but to tell you guys frankly, I was able to climb for at least 5 inches more after practising yoga. It was just a wonderful experience being able to achieve magnanimous benefits from it. My advice for pulkit_a4 is to try, you have nothing to loose anyway. You just have to be optimistic enough.
leroyfaanunu
Posted 2012-02-02 8:26 PM (#209944 - in reply to #100239)
Subject: Re: height

If your rich enough. You can buy those very expensive capsules that can give you more inches to your height.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)