YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dahn Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Posted 2007-12-11 4:29 PM (#100631)
Subject: Dahn Yoga

I had a real problem with dahn yoga. I did not like the high pressure "sales" pitch. I saw the prices on a sheet the "master teacher" presented to me after having my "energy checked." He did not even give me a chance to get up from the floor and come out of the room to discuss membership. He told me that I had "blockages" and that he was a "healer" and that I needed to sign up for a "year." I NEVER SAW THE PRICES IN WRITING AGAIN. Naturally it is the MOST EXPENSIVE package. I never had a chance to talk to anyone in the class. I hugged everyone as required. It just seemed so phony. I was pressured to sign up for a workshop on my "second" class. It cost $98 but the amount of the class was NOT noted on the sheet. If I did not hear him say how much I would have thought it was free or included. The teacher waited until he could talk with me and told me he would give it to me "free." Like that is fair. He is charging some but not others. We all know that NOTHING is free. Why can't he just post the sign up sheet on the wall and if you are interested you sign up. I f you are not then you don't. Simple as that. I am so upset that I signed up for a month. What a waste of time and money. So much manipulation. I really feel sorry for parents who bring their children to classes. They don't know what they are getting into. Sadly it may strain American-Korean relations. Thanks for reading.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
yogaflow
Posted 2007-12-16 8:01 PM (#100821 - in reply to #100631)
Subject: RE: Dahn Yoga

I think some of the methods they practice are very beneficial to ones health.

I agree that their high pressure sales pitchs are annoying. After my first free class, the instructer sat me down and wanted me to buy in for a high amount and seemed kinda erked that i didnt.

Posted 2007-12-16 11:15 PM (#100824 - in reply to #100631)
Subject: RE: Dahn Yoga

The topic of Dahn seems to come up about every six months or so here on this forum.
For whatever interest there is, the posts on Dahn over the last year can be found here:

article 1

article 2

article 3

article 4

article 5

article 6

Edited by purnayoga 2007-12-16 11:18 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum