YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga Nidra
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

yogaflow
Posted 2007-12-16 4:21 PM (#100818)
Subject: Yoga Nidra

I have been practising this ancient, powerful process for a total of a few hours now and my mind is starting to change.

I've been noticing lately that I have had more power controling my dreams, and i'm thinking this is one of the outcomes of my practice. Being able to control your dreams while in a sleep state is wonderful. It is a total escape of reality.

Also the pratice can be somewhat scary, as negative thoughts of fear try to slip into your mind while practising.

This isnt a negative thought, but it was kind of scary when i started imaging a dark skinned woman with a black cobra. Can anyone offer any input on this?

This practice has given me things that i want out of life. My sunculpas. I would encourage anyone to try.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
yogachela
Posted 2007-12-17 1:04 AM (#100826 - in reply to #100818)
Subject: RE: Yoga Nidra

I wonder if you have ever tried Vipassana?

yogaflow
Posted 2007-12-17 9:20 AM (#100831 - in reply to #100818)

No i havent tried. I have just read some information on it and looks like something i would definitely like to do. Have you ever took a 10 day course? Can you tell me more of your personal experience with it please?
yogachela
Posted 2007-12-18 12:53 AM (#100895 - in reply to #100818)

I have not taken a 10 day Vipasana sit as of yet. I am close to many who have and/or are about to take a sit, but respectfully, i will not attempt to relate their experience other than it being a profound, deep and varied experience. Im sure it's not easy no matter if it's your first timer or fifteenth. Im sure that 10 days of silence and hours of meditation can be brutal and earth shattering. To just.....stop.......and to shut up the mind and mouth.......to gently breath deep down into yourself, peeling the onion away with each passing hour.
Im sure it can be scary as heck.

I asked if you had because i had a feeling.
Turns out you had been reading about it.
Perhaps take my asking as another seed planted.

And if you decide to take a Vipasana, my only advice to you would be to know what you're getting into and to know you are ready for anything.

good luck.
N
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)