YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chronic Sprained Ankle
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

cmasse
Posted 2007-12-30 4:55 PM (#101265)
Subject: Chronic Sprained Ankle

I sprained my right ankle two years ago and it never healed properly. I was practicing soccer and kicked the ball over the fence. I climbed the 5 foot fence (which is over my height) and jumped over and twisting my body around to avoid the garden on that side and landed in a hole. I heard a "pop" at the time of injury. I got an MRI done recently and it showed swollen ligaments. Now the pain is much worse and it goes from my ankle, up my leg, to my knee. I also notice when I press down on the left side of my right ankle I have alot of pain. Also, when I press down on the bones on my leg, I am also in alot of pain. Should I get more tests done? Could there maybe sonething wrong in the leg also?
Cassie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-30 5:39 PM (#101267 - in reply to #101265)
Subject: RE: Chronic Sprained Ankle

I do not think you need to get more tests. What you need to do is:

a) Contact the exert in this area. I mean surgeon or osteopath (???). And, get all test results completely understood.

b) If a) is impossible, or insufficient, get the tests again done with explanation properly this time.

c) Then ask the expert an opinion as to what kind of movements should be done, how the healing shall happen or how long it will take, what movements should be done before healing, etc.

d) Then, either follow Physiotherapy as advised by the same expert and/or follow exercises from an Experienced Yoga Teacher (in therapeutic field). If you are in Virginia, see me.

Happy New Year.

cmasse - 2007-12-30 4:55 PM

I sprained my right ankle two years ago and it never healed properly. I was practicing soccer and kicked the ball over the fence. I climbed the 5 foot fence (which is over my height) and jumped over and twisting my body around to avoid the garden on that side and landed in a hole. I heard a "pop" at the time of injury. I got an MRI done recently and it showed swollen ligaments. Now the pain is much worse and it goes from my ankle, up my leg, to my knee. I also notice when I press down on the left side of my right ankle I have alot of pain. Also, when I press down on the bones on my leg, I am also in alot of pain. Should I get more tests done? Could there maybe sonething wrong in the leg also?
Cassie
tourist
Posted 2007-12-30 9:26 PM (#101271 - in reply to #101265)

Expert Yogi

Ouch! That sounds painful What advice have you been given so far? It sounds like something that will need a considerable period of rest and perhaps support, then some serious rehab with an expert. Don't rush it!
cmasse
Posted 2008-01-24 10:29 AM (#102380 - in reply to #101267)

I am worried that because of all the pain I have and I have a chronic ankle sprain and I probably have something else too. That is why I am worried. I have a hard time sleeping because of the pain and elevating it doesn't work either. I have perscription pain pills but they are not working either. I have an Orthopaedic appointment soon and I am also worried about that. I use crutches at times but I get bruises on my sides because of the crutches. I have alot of pain in my right ankle from when I injured 2 years ago and I also feel the pain up my leg to my knee and my knee locks up on me at times and is very sore. Also I noticed when I put my hand around my ankle, above the heal behing the ankle, I put my hand around it and I pressed down on the bones on the left side and right side of my right ankle, and also where that bony knob is on the right part of the ankle and that is extrememly painful when I press down on it and the pain goes up my leg.
Cassie
cmasse
Posted 2008-01-24 10:30 AM (#102381 - in reply to #101271)

I am worried that because of all the pain I have and I have a chronic ankle sprain and I probably have something else too. That is why I am worried. I have a hard time sleeping because of the pain and elevating it doesn't work either. I have perscription pain pills but they are not working either. I have an Orthopaedic appointment soon and I am also worried about that. I use crutches at times but I get bruises on my sides because of the crutches. I have alot of pain in my right ankle from when I injured 2 years ago and I also feel the pain up my leg to my knee and my knee locks up on me at times and is very sore. Also I noticed when I put my hand around my ankle, above the heal behing the ankle, I put my hand around it and I pressed down on the bones on the left side and right side of my right ankle, and also where that bony knob is on the right part of the ankle and that is extrememly painful when I press down on it and the pain goes up my leg.
Cassie
Orbilia
Posted 2008-01-24 10:37 AM (#102383 - in reply to #102381)

I think Neel has given very sound advise. A sports physio might also be a good idea as it sounds like the action of walking awkwardly has caused your muscles and connective tissues to cramp up and shorten. A sports massage from the physio will be agony but will aid the tissues to relax. Once relaxed, physiotherepy/yoga exercises will take the stretching and healing further.

In addition, try icing as feet respond quite well to this method of reducing inflammation. I use an ice pack that's normally in a packed lunch bag and simply lie on my sofa with the pack between my foot and a cushion. From memory, I think it's 5 minutes on, 2-3 minutes off for three cycles all done three times a day ideally but I'm sure someone else here will correct me :-)

My sympathies in the meantime. My own foot issues have been driving me crazy since last summer.

Fee

cmasse
Posted 2008-05-08 9:15 PM (#107187 - in reply to #101267)

Four weeks ago I got ankle surgery done to repair ligamnets and a fractured bone. My name is Cassie and I have been posting about my Chronic Sprained Ankle for a while to get some adivise. It really helped because I went to different doctors but they couldn't find anything, then I was referred to Orthopedics and I got a different x-ray view, a stand-up view instead of laying down on the x-ray table. It was then that there was a fracture on the right part of my right ankle. When he went over rmy MRi, he saw that some of ligaments had to be repaired and some of them has to be tighten. So then I had the surgery and had a cast on for 2 weeks and then he put me in a boot. It is still sore from the surgery, but that will go as time goes on. I wanted to keep you updated.
Cassie
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-05-08 10:06 PM (#107190 - in reply to #101265)

Thanks for keeping updated. Best wishes to you, I mean your ankle!!!
tourist
Posted 2008-05-09 9:44 AM (#107201 - in reply to #107187)

Expert Yogi

Cassie - glad you were finally able to get some help with this. I have heard of other similar cases (my BIL) where it took a long time to find a fracture so they must hide out in those little ankle bones. Keep us posted
cmasse
Posted 2008-05-09 2:01 PM (#107205 - in reply to #102383)

Four weeks ago I got ankle surgery done to repair ligaments and a fractured bone. My name is Cassie and I have been posting about my Chronic Sprained Ankle for a while to get some adivise. It really helped because I went to different doctors but they couldn't find anything, then I was referred to Orthopedics and I got a different x-ray view, a stand-up view instead of laying down on the x-ray table. It was then that there was a fracture on the right part of my right ankle. When he went over rmy MRi, he saw that some of ligaments had to be repaired and some of them has to be tighten. So then I had the surgery and had a cast on for 2 weeks and then he put me in a boot. It is still sore from the surgery, but that will go as time goes on. I wanted to keep you updated.
Cassie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)