YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Apparel Vote
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Apparel Vote
OptionResults
Lululemon1 Votes - [5.26%]
Nike2 Votes - [10.53%]
Victoria Secret1 Votes - [5.26%]
Other15 Votes - [78.95%]

GreenJello
Posted 2008-01-03 12:43 PM (#101427 - in reply to #101415)
Subject: RE: Apparel Vote

tourist - 2008-01-03 9:55 AM

No, but the colour in my hair seems to be fading and some of my moving parts don't work so well. He once broke the pedal arm right off his racing bike (not the pedal falling off - the metal arm snapped in half!) so I am hoping I don't lose a hand or foot - foot more likely if he steps on it while we are dancing

D@mn! I'm glad I'm not his dance partner, sounds a bit dangerous....

but, as tourist mentioned, i'm just hard on things. i tear through shoes like nobody's business. i tear through clothes just as fast. i just seem to wear them hard. no clue why.

Okay, in that case it would seem that cheap is a much better option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-01-03 1:21 PM (#101433 - in reply to #101283)

i can buy something cheap and it will be worn out by the end of the week.

everything that i have that is "high end" (to me at least--considering my economy) is what lasts. if i get a pair of pants to last two years, i'm thrilled! my pranas have lasted 5-6, and so i'm really thrilled with that!

i hvae a couple of high-end suits from back in my law school days, still gorgeous (granted, i only wear them to weddings or special events), while the less expensive ones (even though i rarely wore those as well)--worn out!

so, i basicly have to buy that which is well made, which means i'm usually paying more for it.

but, i also know fabrics. in a lot of yoga studios, they sell clothing that is very expensive and IMO, poorly/cheaply made. i can tell by the stitching, the fabric--whether or not it's going to last on me.

people asked me "why don't you buy this cute shirt?" and the reason it "next week, it will be worn out!"

so, i have to be mindful.
imadayana
Posted 2008-01-07 9:21 AM (#101582 - in reply to #101283)

How come there are no votes for Lululemon? Other than their crazy prices, what's wrong with them? I think they look really nice. Especially on magazine covers.

Posted 2008-01-07 10:08 AM (#101586 - in reply to #101582)

Lulemon is opening a store in San Antonio, Texas. I'll have to see if I can find their job ad--it's written so it's OBVIOUS they want only hot women working there--the big bennie mention is the opportunity to model their clothes in various yoga classes around town. I otta apply then sue 'em for sex and age discrimmination when I don't get the job...let's see master's degree, 30 years of business experience, RYT...hey this is sounding better all the time.
Orbilia
Posted 2008-01-07 10:25 AM (#101587 - in reply to #101586)

Go Bruce!!

Fee
mishoga
Posted 2008-01-07 10:57 AM (#101588 - in reply to #101283)

Expert Yogi

You should do it Bruce. They have one here in Manhattan. i spoke with them but I wasn't willing to travel. I'm waiting for them to open one out here.

Zoe, I have to tell you I love how these pants hold up "ION" Here's their link
http://www.ionactif.com/
I also love Shiva Shakti line from Marika. Those clothes wash beautifully.
http://www.marika.com/shiva
Prana's clothes do wash and wear well too. Prana to me is very........um..........Prana They have their own style.
I personally like super funky!!! Basic bottoms most time but funky put together. Sometimes not matching at all but looking fab chic.
I love Thai fisherman pants.
Excuse any typos

Posted 2008-01-07 11:29 AM (#101596 - in reply to #101283)

Here's the job ad I was talking about earlier (bolded sections by me that I thought meant--"Be a hot woman"):

Loves to Downward Dog, Looking for Upward Career Mobility.
We are lululemon athletica, a yoga inspired athletic apparel company.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR: A motivated, outgoing, upbeat and organized person who believes in the power of grassroots marketing, the impact of yoga/athletics, and the life-altering potential of wearing stretchy pants to work every day.
lululemon athletica is seeking quick-witted, business on the brain, yoga in the bones sort of people for the Community Leader role at our new location in San Antonio.
A Community Leader is the point person who connects our stores with the local community through their ability to authentically generate word-of-mouth about our company and products. In this role you would be responsible for pre-branding and introducing lululemon to our new communities.
As a Community Leader, you will play a vital role in the successful delivery of a guest's experience on the retail floor. A major objective of this position is the effective and efficient education of customers regarding the features, benefits, usage, and care of lululemon product. Involvement in teamwork is highly emphasized.
Weekend availability a must.

This job is for you if:
UNLIMTED YOGA CLASSES!!! All the Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Anusara, Kundalini, Bikram and Pilates you can handle! We want to see you downward dogging, spinning, running, playing, serving and spiking in the community.
• You can carry an authentic conversation with anyone, even a headless mannequin if you thought he/she had some constructive feedback to offer about our products.
• You like to organize stuff…any stuff…all stuff…maybe even other people’s stuff…From your mom’s surprise birthday party, to your neighbor’s spice rack. With this job you will be involved in assisting in a lot of FUN, UNIQUE events in and out of the stores.
• You are a bit of a talent scout. You have the ability to seek and spot people in the athletic community who have the skills, attitude and drive to be considered a relationship with lululemon.
You’re crafty. You know your way around a glue stick, scissors, paint, etc., while always maintaining perspective when faced with the temptations of tinsel twists and craft pompoms.
• If you could be any reptile, you would totally pick the Veiled Chameleon over the Green Anole because, beauty contests aside, that beady-eyed fella can adapt to his environment like nobody’s business. In your role on the Community Team your time will be split between working on the retail floor and working in the community.
• You are passionate about health and fitness (without having lost all appreciation for the occasional Ben & Jerry couch session).
To apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company that fosters and supports health and fitness, personal development, growth, change, responsibility, and the ability to crack a decent joke or two. To apply for this position, please visit http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LULU&cws=1&rid=601

mishoga
Posted 2008-01-07 11:35 AM (#101598 - in reply to #101283)

Expert Yogi

Bruce, all kidding aside, I think you are a beautiful example of a yoga practitioner.
Physically, you look MARVELOUS!!!! Now whether you're all together up there....I don't know
Kisses In Metta

BTW, Kristen says you're a rip!!!

Edited by mishoga 2008-01-07 11:37 AM

Posted 2008-01-07 12:04 PM (#101604 - in reply to #101283)

i don't do very well with "funky" stuff. perhaps i'm a bit odd. and finding pants that are the right lengths and sizes isn't easy either. LOL

it seems strange to stick with what i know, but i do that because at least i know i don't have to return it, try again, return it, try again.
GreenJello
Posted 2008-01-07 12:43 PM (#101607 - in reply to #101283)

Not really seeing the insuations of only beautiful chicks need apply in the add. Probably won't get many men wearing stretching pants, but maybe a few, here and there.

Posted 2008-01-07 2:08 PM (#101617 - in reply to #101283)

To Miss Mish: Wow...thanks! I'm blushing. As for Kristin, do you think by rip she meant, "Right Interesting Person," or "Ridiculous Irritating Pr1ck"?

To GJ: In addition to loving wearing the stretch pants, sparodic gorging on Ben & Jerry's, organizing things silly, "craft pompoms"...indicative of hot chick...OK, a woman anyway

mishoga
Posted 2008-01-08 6:02 AM (#101641 - in reply to #101283)

Expert Yogi

"Rest In Peace" AAAAAAAAAhahahahahaha
You know I'm kidding.
She thought you wer funny and pleasant. She's a great gal.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-01-08 7:45 AM (#101648 - in reply to #101283)

I finally made a commitment and voted! Unfortunately hubbies boxers wasn't an option, and I had to vote for other.
Orbilia
Posted 2008-01-08 8:57 AM (#101654 - in reply to #101607)

Worded that way in the UK GJ and they'd get prosecuted for discrimination.

Fee

Posted 2008-01-08 9:03 AM (#101655 - in reply to #101283)

An ad that actually discriminated wouldn't last long in the US either, but I don't see where it says female or anything else. It may seem implied, but that's only our bias's kiicking in. ;)
Orbilia
Posted 2008-01-08 11:41 AM (#101673 - in reply to #101655)

Sorry, didn't actually read past the first couple of lines and didn't spot GJ being tongue-in-cheek

Fee
Lynnmcg
Posted 2008-01-10 9:02 PM (#101812 - in reply to #101283)

I like lulu for comfort. Price is too high for pants though i love them....they are a splurge/reward item for me...tough explaining to the husband. They are so comfortable and not binding around the waist. Very flattering too. I like that they hem for free. Quality is ok...I will probably get 2 years out of a pair. I do find that the pants do pill even when washing them following the instructions. The tops though are the best especially for larger chested women. Comfortable and supportive and I can focus on my yoga not whether or not my boobs are falling out of my top. Worth the 40 -50 bucks...plus in the summer you can dress them up for nights out.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)