YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Becoming a teacher...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

Butterfly71
Posted 2007-12-31 2:28 PM (#101288)
Subject: Becoming a teacher...

I am ready to become a teacher but my six year old has never been away from me and I feel torn. I am ready to be away from him but not sure if he is ready to be away from me. It would just be him and my husband. Husband is a bit nervous as well. Has anyone had this issue? Any tips?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-12-31 2:37 PM (#101289 - in reply to #101288)
Subject: RE: Becoming a teacher...

where are you going?

there are lots of training programs where you stay home and just study during days, evenings, or weekends. not all are month-long or more intensives.

but if you must take an intensive, i'm sure your son will be fine. it might be rocky at first, but he and his father will handle it.

Posted 2007-12-31 2:50 PM (#101290 - in reply to #101288)

Concur with Zoebird (doing that a lot lately). As an example, the program I went through was done locally over a year with one 9-day residence:

http://livingyogaprogram.com/

Posted 2008-01-01 6:04 PM (#101335 - in reply to #101288)

Six years old may be too young for Mom to be away for extended periods. Obviously the requisite bonding between mother and child begins to wane as children move into adolescence. The years from 5-12 Mom is still needed.

If you are interested in moving in this direction it would be prudent to try a weekend away and see how that fares for all three of you. If after that, the assessment indicates it is in the best interest of the child, then move forward. If it is NOT in the best interest of the child, but rather in the best interest of the parents or parent, then I would think more than twice before choosing such a thing.

From a yogic perspective it is up to us to honor the responsibilities and duties we've chosen in our lives. The choice to have children is a choice to raise them and that may often require our presence more than our absence.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-01 7:32 PM (#101341 - in reply to #101288)

All of you have been so kind and helpful. Today, after much thought I realized that I will just continue to deepen my practice and wait until he is a bit older. My family is first and I will always honor that above all. Thank you again, kind yogis.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-01-02 9:33 AM (#101355 - in reply to #101341)

Fantastic.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)