YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intermed practice DVD E Miller
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-01-08 1:03 PM (#101677)
Subject: Intermed practice DVD E Miller

I tried my Christmas present to myself - Elise Browning Miller's Intermediate yoga DVD - & here's a mini-review: Useful, challenging & satisfying, although less flexible students may want to substitute some of the poses. Full hanumanasana - splits position - is done very early in the practice – many students may not be warm enough yet. Dwi pada viparita dandasana is done right after wheel (this is the backward bend with arm & shoulder placement similar to headstand). I like to do that one at the wall, which takes a little more time to set up. I practiced handstand at the wall before beginning the DVD – I almost always do that – in order to open up my shoulders & release my neck. I added the fish pose after shoulderstand. (Fish isn’t generally done in an Iyengar practice – but it seems to work for my neck, after shoulderstand and plough.) Many students may also like to add headstand. The DVD is really what it purports to be – an Iyengar vinyasa series. Truly the best of all possible worlds – the heat and challenge of flows & jumps, combined with intelligent alignment. Vinyasa fans may miss being reminded to work the bandas; they may also miss hearing the hissing of the breath (to be fair, it might appear in the no-music segment – I didn’t try that part yet). Definitely a helpful practice aid! Thanks, Elise!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)